ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the 2016 commits !

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
I did this last year so l'll put it together again. * Rivals profile along with some of the linked articles and * HUDL highlights.( as with all verbals every year in CFB, things remain fluid until signing day !) .....Should be a smaller class with only 11 SR's on the team...... Welcome to Uconn Country:

* Donovan Williams.........6-4/205.......QB.......(4.6 /40yd).....Woodbridge, VA ( Hylton)......* Hudl highlights
* UConn receives first verbal commitment from 3-star Virginia QB
CH38xpaWcAAtknp.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Keyion Dixon........6-1/180........WR.....(4.4 /40yd)...Glastonbury, CT..(G.H.S.)...* Hudl highlights

* Keyion Dixon Of Glastonbury Commits To UConn

Last edited:
Reactions: ktuck911
Very good start better than I can ever remember let keep it going get the big ot sign and couple other in state player

Quotes from the commits regarding Uconn turning it around and the new regime.....following the PP and GDL down years :

UConn Football Offers Challenge: Make Us A Winner- Again !

"There's no real secret," said Kevin Wolthausen, the Huskies' second-year defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator. "If we can get guys to step on our campus and take a look at what's here, see the facilities, they understand we're a Top-20 academic school in the country, all those things. And then you tie our coaching staff and direction with Coach Diaco ... that's what we do. There's nothing fancy."

Last edited:
Guess I should add these transfers who will see their first Uconn action in 2016.... Welcome to Uconn Country:
* E.J. Levenberry Jr........6-3/246.......LB.....(4.7 40yd).....Woodbridge, VA (Hylton/ Florida State)........* Hylton HS Highlight tape
The 4 Star LB will have 2 years remaining as a RS JR after transferring in from Florida State with 60 tackles in his first 2 years

6a00d83451b26169e2017d40ce3ce5970c-pi

* Billy Williams.....6-3/235....TE/FB/H-back...(4.7 / 40yd)....Knoxville, TN (Farragut/ Northern Iowa )..... * Hudl highlights from Farragut HS
Played as a true FR at Northern Iowa under new Uconn OC Frank Verducci... He'll be eligible as a 2016 RS sophomore with 3 years to play after sitting out a year......

AR-150729898.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back: Williams, Dixon, Rose, Noel Brouse
Middle: Skanes, Nick Zecchino, Gilmartin, Coyle, Leone
Front: Hahn, Herring, Brett Graham

CZc2oXSWkAAOrzj.jpg:large

Last edited:
TOS implies the other kid in the middle row between Coyle and Nino is former syracuse/current Villanova commit OL/DL Noel Brouse. Think he'll flip to us?

Interesting visit for sure, committed to Nova in the FCS, after the Cuse decommit / coaching change, but I thought I saw somewhere that Cuse will still honor his scholly offer from the previous staff...

Last edited:
With the Brouse commit will that have any effect on Izon Pulley if he decides on picking us too? There were reports that he took an OV to Illinois this weekend. Tymir Oliver, another one of our targets took an OV there this weekend too. He's now committed to Illinois.
I'm liking our chances now with Pulley. It'd be niceto get another recruit out of the MD region. Legit talent there.

Reactions: the Blades
Twitterreports from UConn Football indicate2 new pups. One from PA the other homegrown. Don't know who they are though

Allmendinger agreed to comit as a PWO, no?
I think they both might be. Donaldson is listed on his hudl as a WR/K, and UConn has already been set at WR it would make sense for him to be either a PWO WR or potentially a scholarship K... that's pure speculation though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT