ADVERTISEMENT

Would you guys consider (or want) CEO - Ed Orgeron?

TrojanHorse98

Aug 13, 2006
Let me preface that I hope CEO becomes the permanent HC at the University of Southern California. You can say I'm drinking the Kool Aid, going on emotion etc but he "is" USC. he gets it as what it takes to be a trojan, to be part of the Trojan Family.

That said and done, a lot of the ESPN pundits (Finebaum, yeah I know he's a tool, Palmer, Kannel, Cowherd, etc) think that USC should go after a proven big name coach. That said and done, those same pundits say that if they were UConn, that UConn should be on the phone to CEO.

The guy can flat out recruit, he's a very personable lovable guy. He needs to hire quality assistants but he isn't (at least anymore.. they say he was at Ole Miss) a micro manager.

So is CEO someone you guys would consider?

hard to argue against with the turnaround at USC this year and the fact that players love playing for him. Believe from what I have seen is he is a great recruiter and motivator but maybe not as good with the X's and O's or actual play calling.

Personally I think a head coach does not need to be great with the in game play calling as long as he has good coordinators and understands he needs to defer some of the X's and O's/in game play calling to coordinators but not sure UConn has ability to pay a head coach good money and a OC/DC. Hank Hughes has done a great job with our D over the years and would be fine with him sticking around but going out and paying good money to HC and OC not sure it will happen. Orgeron though is more a D minded coach or at least known more for D side so if it was him we would have to invest I would think more in a OC.

Also would Orgeron stick around if he has success at UConn? My thinking is he would use us as a springboard for a better job but maybe he is sick of moving around and wants to have a program of his own and start a legacy. I'd prefer a coach that wants to start and stick with something just not sure UConn is in that position at the moment.

Well Orgeron would be an improvement over anything we've had since Edsall, of course so would 99% of the other coaches out there. But yes, I would like to see Orgeron at UConn

I wish we could get him at rutgers, 1 of the best recruiters of alltime, he's learned from his mistakes at ole miss, wherever he gets his 2nd chance he'll succeed!

from Hartford Courant Uconn beat writer Desmond Conner:

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 26 Nov
(on rumor) UConn has strong interest in #UCLA assistant Noel Mazzone?
That's not what I'm hearing. I'm hearing he's not on the radar.

Go to the Ole Miss board and ask them about Orgeron. UConn fans should pray that he stays at USC.

Originally posted by Flashman:
Go to the Ole Miss board and ask them about Orgeron. UConn fans should pray that he stays at USC.
What is it with all these rumors that tie everything back to our former OC/OLC trainwreck George Deleone,
Pasquoloni's right hand man ???? Maybe if PP had dumped GDL completely instead of demoting him from OL/OC
to exclusively the OL this summer, while giving him a raise, he could've had better results. GDL's OL created
Uconn's biggest problem since he took over despite it being our biggest strength before him. But PP had to keep
him around to create just enough dissension in the troops and ruin the season.

So Orgeron was the HC for Ole Miss with these 2 underneath him ? When Micheal Oher was ready to leave if
they came back?

mazzone_zps5e525940.jpg

Oher sounds alot like most of our fans...... as in packing it in if Uconn didn't
get rid of him. But there was PP raising his salary this summer. GDL seems to have that effect on people:

'In the minds of the public, clearly something had to be done, or we were going to lose everybody,'
Syracuse's Crouthamel said. 'One way to do that is to have George leave :

Cuse's George DeLeone took the fall last year despite his machine like work

With George it's the same thing everywhere he goes... works hard, sounds miserable and makes everything so
complex to the point that he sucks the life out of the players and any program he's part of, until he finds his next job.

" At Ole Miss, DeLeone was the offensive line coach( under Orgeron) and the coordinator of a running
game which ranked 116th in the nation with an average of 73 yards."

DeLeone was a great OC at Temple too in 2006/2007..LOL! ..the 1-11 and 4-8 squads made a big jump with GDL
calling the plays: His 2 years as OC ran an offense that ranked 118th but moved 113th in the country !

This years Uconn rushing yds with Deleone as the OL coach: 77.2 yds per game
post GDL firing and reinsert Mike Foley as Uconn OL coach: 143 yds per game
Hmmm .... seems to be a pattern. So how did this guy who's been a cancer everywhere he goes
even have a job ?

But this seals it,
I don't care if a candidate was GDL's paper boy....he might want him on his staff
.........that disqualifies him for me, end of story.
This post was edited on 11/29 4:04 PM by the Blades

HELLLL TO THE YES!

I mean this along with a couple other guys is a NO BRAINER!

I mean UConn FB is the beggar here folks..... and will be unless until it can turn it around consistently like the BBall programs to pick an choose a Coach

Originally posted by Flashman:
I did pray that he would be hired on as FT HC at USC and Pat Haden that monkey, does one better and goes out and Hires Steve Sarkisian.. what a joke that will be... Now that USC has to pay a $1.5M buyout to UW, they can use that to turn around and hire Chris Peterson. UW is laughing all the way to the bank plus they got an upgrade at the HC position.

USC could have had all it needed in CEO but No!!

The guy is not the same guy as he was at Ole Miss...

I don't know who you guys are looking at, but I hope he is one of the guys on your short list

I'll definitely root for whatever team CEO goes too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT