ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita St to AAC

im just saying why add them to begin with....

Plus where the hell is UH, Memphis or Cincy going??

Reactions: the Blades
How does Wichita State joining mean UConn is leaving? More likely Cincy or Houston or Memphis ......
If it happens this is more about balancing the AAC out with 12 schools in both FB ( Navy non-hoops) and BB ( Wichita St.- non FB). No one has anywhere to go unless the ACC, B1G or Big 12 ( if they revisit it) decides they do.....Like Aresco said he might take one school to upgrade the hoops side so I guess this would be the best fit as far as program strength..More bad travel for Uconn and Temple, etc. But they actually draw fans, close to 11,000 a game which would be tops in the AAC this year...unlike schools like Tulane (1,700) and USF (2,600)
I haven't read a confirmed "they are in " story yet just that: Wichita State basketball would accept AAC invite

Last edited:
Reactions: Les Gerson
Indiana is a difficult place to coach. Serious stress and expectations that if you don't win the fanbase and boosters will turn on you.

Marshall might stay where he is happy and has very good relations and leeway. He's turned down big offers before. He might enjoy the mark few way of doing things

Reactions: the Blades
I don't like the AAC as much as the next guy, but adding a Greg Marshall led Wichita team to the AAC is a very good addition for the conference. They will consistently make the tourney, and they will only get better with a much better conference.

Reactions: UConnFamily
Seemed to be tough team under Marshall, I was in Maui when Kemba & Co. just got by them in the 1st game in 2010. Looks like they have some donors(^^^) with deep pockets to keep him, but who knows.... I don't see a down side either if they can keep him and the program at the level they've been at...only an RPI plus for the AAC.

Helps the conference and helps us ONLY if we get better as a team and program. I am seriously worried our time as a big shot are over.

Dominicfrank,

I know times are tough right now but UConn will find a way to bounce back. It is not going to be a quick fix but for the past twenty years we have constantly been a force within college basketball. There have been ups and downs along the way but hopefully "trusting the process" will pay off sooner than later.

This certainly helps the SOS
It helps the league which has been banished on TV to ESPNU and the CBS Sports Network
No UCONN fan wants to be in this concoction they call the AAC, but no move is in sight.
Might as well make the best of it

I personally like the immediate effect this has on KO's job status.
On paper this looks like 2 conference L's in '17....................

Reactions: andersonfro
Wichita State has been very good for a while. I remember in 2010 Maui Classic, UConn beat Wichita State in the 1st round when Kemba Walker took over the game late and repeatedly drove, was fouled and made FTs. Wichita St. gave UConn their best game of that tournament.

This year, Kentucky beat Wichita State in a closely contested Sweet 16 game. I was very impressed by the Wichita State guard Landry Shamet, a freshman. He is a serious player.

Wichita State has been very good for a while. I remember in 2010 Maui Classic, UConn beat Wichita State in the 1st round when Kemba Walker took over the game late and repeatedly drove, was fouled and made FTs. Wichita St. gave UConn their best game of that tournament.
True.... it was a tough 4 point win, as I posted a few posts up ^^^^ ...I was there...... Mich St. & Draymond Green, who was the highest ranked team in the tourney (#2 in the country @ the time) gave Uconn just as tough a game (3 point win).... Then the blowout win of # 9 Kentucky put Uconn on everyone's radar from that point on. Wich St won the NIT that year and have ave. about 30 + wins and been in the NCAA's ever since.

The other couple things I just noticed was Wich St. made the final 4 in 2012-13 and the year Bazz and Co. won it all...... they were a #1 seed in the Mid West with a 35-1 record but lost a 2 point game to UK that year too. So they've had a nice run........here's a CBS take on the move:
Wichita State's move to the AAC is great for the Shockers & the AAC
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...eague/&usg=AFQjCNHa4HcziyyLVfDXhba58SbMJ5jzWQ
They sound like a bunch of happy people from the school president on down, probably what Uconn would sound like after a Power 5 invite...SMH !......also " I guess the prez really wants to beat the Uconn WBB team "....

Last edited:
More of a FB story but since it's a slow time of year, especially with Uconn BB recruiting...so I say this tongue in cheek, but remember the Big 12 expansion dance a few months ago, now the SEC's mouthpiece has a new twist........ since the AAC just added a newbie do they have room for one more all sports school from the mid west ???

Paul Finebaum: Oklahoma desperate to get out of the Big 12
" The 2017 NFL Draft resulted in some embarrassing stats for the Big 12. When the draft’s seven rounds came to an end, the AAC had more selections (15) than the Big 12 (14). ......... The SEC Network host and radio personality even went so far as to suggest current members of the Big 12 are actively seeking to abandon the league for better prospects. "

Last edited:
Oklahoma would be a great addition for the AAC. Would be nice to raid one of the so called power conferences and heist a school away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT