ADVERTISEMENT

Why Was Megan Walker Benched?

She will be a STUD for us as early as next year. I love her game. DONT LET THIS ONE TRANSFER GENO!!!!

She'll be a starter next year and a major contributor. If you want to play on the best team for THE program, you may have to wait your turn. She knew she was coming into a stacked team, she'd be foolish to transfer.

Crystal
KLS
Walker
Collier
Stevens

The two frosh will play a lot. As will Camara and Irwin.

We could use another Guard.

The shooting guard coming in is the #1 player in the country and Coombs will be backup point guard, although lately Bent has been playing more and playing effectively. Bent is a bit overmatched physically at times but she is smart and plays an all around game. She is just a notch below athletically at this level. So is Irwin, but Irwin looks like a very mentally tough player and has made strides. Camara is a strong girl who has looked better and better in recent games. She has been ripping rebounds away and is a physical terror inside. Coombs and Gordon at this point might be the last two on the bench, although Coombs looks like she could be a legit backup point guard.

Last edited:
Regarding Walker, I really feel like they need to play her long stretches and rest Dangerfield and Nurse. Nurse is in great shape and can play 40 minutes if needed, but she is the best guard defender and I would prefer to keep her fresh. Not sure what Geno saw over the weekend against Temple or in practice from Walker, but hopefully whatever message was sent and we can now move on. The girl needs to play. She has very good physical attributes as a player and players like her need playing time and experience.

Omg I totally forgot about Coombs. My bad and we are good then. :) Some liked her more than Walker coming in.

I knew the two incoming frosh were both rated as the #1 player in the class at one time. So they'll be in the mix for sure.

While we have had better teams over the years.....I am starting to like this team A LOT. So strong at each position.....no real ALL TIMER other than maybe Gabby. This is a team made up of all UCONN #2's and I love it. What I mean is that everyone of these players could start next to a DT, Maya, Sue, Tina, Stewie, etc.....but we dont have a clear #1 that is getting the ball in crunch time. Katie is trying though, I will give her that!

I think Katie Lou is trying to be the closer. She hasn’t yet proven she can hit big shots in crunch time vs. the very athletic teams that physically defend her. However her toughness level has increased and so has her all around skills. She had 7 assists last game and they were almost all big time dimes. She is getting close to being a high level prime time player. It could happen in NCAAs or next year. She is close.......

I wasn't the biggest KLS fan the last two years because she was one dimensional. But her game has blossomed before our eyes. She's become an incredible unselfish passer, a solid defender and rebounder and can now put it on the floor, as well as moving without the ball/cutting to the basket.

By next year, I think Geno will be saying 'we have Katie Lou and you don't'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT