ADVERTISEMENT

Why UConn Won

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
First, I would say it looked like UConn was the much fresher team in the last 10 minutes. Florida looked gassed after they got the 13 point lead.

UConn was 8-17 on 3s. with Purvis and Calhoun both contributing on that. Excellent to shoot that well on the road.

17-20 FTs-85%

UConn outrebounded Florida 34-28. Brimah had 10 boards!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 1/3 8:06 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Totally wrong. They won because I didn't watch the game. I felt I was adding some bad mojo so I sat this one out.

You're welcome.

Florida is trash.

Also their FT shooting was god awful. Which helped a ton!!

It was nice to see UConn actually win the game at the FT line, instead of losing it at the end of the game. It's also amazing what hitting a couple of 3s will do. However, what goes unnoticed is the D - UConn really locked down the last 10 minutes of the game. While this isn't the Florida team we've come to expect in recent years, it's still a nice road win. Maybe this will get UConn headed down the right track. The sad part about this season is that if UConn could have hit their FTs, they would also be sitting on Ws against Texas, Yale, and Temple - and this season wouldn't be that bad. Looking down the road, my concern for the tournament is that I don't know where the "Good Win" is on the tournament resume (Dayton?). We all know what the bad loss is. UConn really needs to be on fire in the conference, and hope that the other teams in the conference can get some good wins as well..
This post was edited on 1/3 7:32 PM by USNA90

Sorry they changed the final stats. UConn was actually 17-20 on FTs (85%) while Florida was 8-20 (40%). UConn was a better FG and FT shooting team than Florida coming into the game. The only offensive stat on which Florida was better was 3 FG% but only slightly better and after you add UConn's 8-17 on 3s today the stats on 3s are close.

The FT shooting today was reminiscent of the NCAA tournament especially Samuel's 6-6 which was huge. He didn't miss any big FTs in the NCAA tourney either. For perspective today was 17-20 and 85%, last year NCAA tournament was 101-115, and 88%.
This post was edited on 1/3 8:07 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Great win for our team...it doesn't take a genius to know why we won today and all of Khalid's points are why we were able to pull the come from behind victory in this one. Great to see Omar get on track, I haven't felt that confident in Oma's ability to score since his freshman year. Purvis was huge down the stretch and if we shot FTs like we did at the end of this game all year, we would have a couple less losses

String some solid wins together but until we do we are still fighting for our NCAA tourney lives in each and every game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT