ADVERTISEMENT

Well not the bracket I wanted...

Ozzie3178

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
But that's why you have to throw out seeding right KSTW?????

KU is a tough second round game if we beat Colorado in Des Moines Iowa... Just threw up at the mention of that city no offense to anyone living there.

Count me out of going to Des Moines :)
Dont overlook the 1st round game
Everyone will assume the Kansas UCONN matchup but I will not mention Kansas until it happens. It reminds me of 12 when Kentucky was there and we got rolled by Iowa State. Focus on Colorado. The rest will take care of itself.
It doesnt matter when you play the teams you need to beat.
You just need to beat them when they are in front of you

GO SKIES

Ohhh I was so close to have us out west playing st joes is that 8-9. Damn oh well. Have to take care of Colorado!!

Puke a 4 seed yea right. They always have a easy road to at least the sweet 16. Smh

Well it isn't the bracket I would like to see but to go to the Final 4 you have to beat a top team or teams including teams like Kansas.

Kansas is a tremendous 3 point shooting team, better than any UConn has seen this year. I saw them win at Texas by 30 a couple weeks ago and they looked great. They bolted to a 15-0 lead in that game and Texas didn't know what hit them.

I don't know much about Colorado and haven't seen them play, but Kansas awaits the winner of UConn-Colorado.

We've allowed open 3s this year, which scares you. But Kansas best players are 6'8, 6'5, 6'2 and 5'11 and I worry about teams that can kill us on the glass and get our Bigs in foul trouble and a big advantage from the FT line.

We would have most likely had an easier road if we lost yesterday, but now we are conference champs, are gaining momentum and have to play Kansas anyway to get where we want to go. Besides, Kansas is also known to cough one up in the tourney.

Kansas has Perry Ellis inside and a collection of very, very good 3 point shooters led by Davonte Graham who has been lights out the last 3-4 weeks. They are very balanced but UConn, if that matchup materializes, will really have to do a great job closing on 3 point shooters. They have multiple threats, Graham being the best of them on the perimeter.

I would rather play Colorado than Iowa.....but you guys are looking for first round freebies and it's not going to happen. Any team seeded 4 or lower can get beat first round.

There are no freebies in the NCAA's..... I don't think that was the point they were trying to make. They were talking about location...In the home away from home for Uconn fans ( NYC)

It does surprise me that UConn wasn't placed in the Eastern regional. I always thought the NCAA tried to keep conference champions in the region they are closest to, both as a reward for postseason performance and to stimulate ticket sales. But I guess they couldn't fit UConn in unless they flip flopped the seeding with Temple which would not have seemed right after UConn defeated Temple decisively in the conference semis. But that spot against Iowa as the 10 seed was going to an eastern team and Temple fit the bill.

I'm sure it works for Temple fans, they will get the shorter trip instead of Uconn. An arena full of Uconn fans at the Barclay's would have been a nice home court advantage. But the NCAA is probably happy it didn't happen again like 2 years ago, it wouldn't be fair to Iowa or Nova in a 2nd round match-up. Though it looks like that site could use a boost and that Temple, Nova, Notre Dame and WVU etc. aren't coming out like Uconn fans would in the city. I remember the cheapest secondary price tix were about $500 or $600 a game at MSG in 2014. You can get a full Brooklyn package( 4 sessions) for under $200. A full session tix in Des Moines is over $700 on Priceline, but I'm sure Kansas, UK, IU have more to do that out in a midwest location.

Priceline.com Rundown: UConn On The Card For The Most Expensive NCAA Opening-Round Ticket

Last edited:
I was offered a ticket to the UConn- Michigan State Elite 8 game in 2014 for $400 by a friend and client but turned down the offer in lieu of watching the game on TV. But several of my friends who went to that game, including one who was a former college basketball player himself, said it was the best experience they have ever had and it was the loudest he had ever heard a crowd at a college basketball game.

The prices for tickets at marquis sporting events these days is through the roof. I paid $180 for a ticket to see the Montreal Canadiens play the Philadelphia Flyers a couple years ago and was kind of shocked. I have actually seen a few hockey games in Montreal and although it's a great experience I am not sure it's $180 great. Paying over twice that amount to watch a high stakes basketball game seems a little odd. I would never even consider it if UConn wasn't involved in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT