ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the 2015 Uconn commits

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Uconn's had busy week to start their "commit season"....as with all CFB recruiting nationwide it remains fluid until Feb. But here's a
" Welcome to Uconn Country.... shout out !!!" to the newest members of the Husky FB family and an early look with some reports:

Commit #1 Huskies Land it's first member of the 2015 class- KEVIN MURPHY
6-2/ 275lb....DT..............West Chester, PA
..(West Chester East ).............. HUDL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
B8_-gC4IIAMKLYR.jpg

Commit #2 CBS.NY- The UConn Huskies Find A Treasure In A Pirate
6-4/215lb PS / Dual threat QB
........North Bellmore, NY ( Mepham )..............Tyler Davis - HUDL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
1107088.jpg

Commit #3 Huskies pick-up commitment from Philippe Okounam NH defensive end
6-5/ 260lb......DE.......Montreal, QC/CAN via Concord, NH
(St. Paul's)..........Philippe Okounam - HUDL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS.

B43S-D5IEAAemQG.jpg:large

Last edited:
OK....Welcome to commit #12.......Chris Lee...6-7/255... TE ...Severna Park, MD
.....the players in this class keep getting bigger! ...... I see a future huge TE if not an OT after a
couple of years in the weight room with Coach Balis: - HUDL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Murphy-SP-Football-January-2015-3.jpg

Last edited:
Next up for 2015:
Miami receiver commits to UConn

Frank Battle........WR....Miami, FLA (Belen Jesuit)....................................Frank Battle - HUDL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

additional (scouting) report: Miami-Dade Class of 2015 - Pre-Summer Top 50
38. Frank Battle, WR, 6-6, 180, Miami Belen Jesuit: Having height and athletic ability may not equate to being a great receiver, but having watched this impressive football talent the past six months, you have to be impressed at what he will be like when he adds weight and gets stronger. Has off the charts athletic ability.

2029180_e1c1d0e085894a7da3f0ca02216dda01.jpg

This post was edited on 10/8 9:48 AM by the Blades

Last edited:
I've seen Kevin Murphy at some camps and he's no way near 6'3, 6'2 might be generous.....

Thx Blade Runner :)

Looks like he doesn't go down on the initial contact. Not sure of the quality of the competition but he looks like a gamer.

The QB isn't bad either....

Welcome to the latest Husky commit and a much needed add for the OL:
https://twitter.com/desmondconner/status/523192981231521792
"Brian Cespedes, is the 17th Uconn Football recruit Class of 2015 "
New London Day- Whalers’ Cespedes to play football at UConn"Cespedes has a "tremendous ceiling," said his HS coach Maranda, especially considering it's only his second season
playing football. "

Bryan Cespedes.....OT...6-7/270....New London, CT( New London HS)......Bryan Cespedes - Hudl Video Highlights

AR-310189954.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the next Uconn commit and super-sized OL/DE:
Governor's Academy lineman commits to UConn
" Originally from the Bronx, NY his HC adds ""He's a great athlete, without an ounce of fat on him... also the captain of the basketball team," ( who's only been playing FB a couple of years)

follow up article from: ESPN Boston: Govs' Peart: UConn commitment a 'surreal' feeling

Matthew Peart....OT.....6-8 /265lbs....Byfield, MA ( Governor's Academy HS)....... (HUDL videos are private)
1192661_f1a7437f6c3348879d2886406f938a7f.jpg

Last edited:
Shout out to Uconn's QB commit who's always bringing it on the positive:

@Tyler_Davis9
" I hope Husky Nation is as pumped as our C/O 2015! Future is bright! HUSKY NATION WHERE U AT? SHOW ME YOUR AS PUMPED "

Last edited:
I guess Will-Rich becomes official and Ben Hartwick is now 2016 greyshirt:

twitter: Nov 13
Welcome with a Capital W to #20!

1f43e.png

Last edited:
Shout out to the next Huskies !!!

" Brandon Bisack, QB from Fairfield Warde High has committed to the Uconn Football program as a preferred walk-on"
Brandon Bisack's Football Recruiting Profile

Brandon Bisack...QB(PP)....6-5/200lb.............Fairfield, CT (Warde)..........NEW !....Brandon Bisack (2014) Season Highlights
1280634.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tom Tabur, Worcester (MA) Academy has committed to the Uconn Football as a preferred walk-on"
Thomas Tabur's Recruiting Profile
Tom Tabur......DT.....6-3/290.......Worcester, MA
( Worcester Academy).........Tom Tabur - HUDL Highlights

1019879512.bin

Last edited:
Good stuff and my hope is a couple more players commit before Feb. signing day and UCONN doesn't lose anyone

Originally posted by uconnbill:
my hope is a couple more players commit before Feb. signing day and UCONN doesn't lose anyone
+1, Bill as I said at the very top.....as with all CFB recruiting nationwide it remains fluid until Feb.
( unless the talked about early signing period happens in CFB)....So we shall see as it gets down to
crunch time....and with a few rumblings out there now. I'll be interested to see if Uconn adds a 4th
scholly QB or another CB.

Welcome to the next Husky......
3 minutes ago
" NEW COMMIT: OL/DT David Ryslik has committed.. has offers from Duke, Cincinnati, Syracuse and Temple" "

Has played both ways:
"Last year, I had about 60 total tackles, four sacks, three forced fumbles,three tipped passes and 13 offensive
pancakes in eight games," said Ryslik. "I started both ways at defensive line and center as a sophomore, every game."

Dave Ryslik......DT/OL......6-4/295lbs...Hightstown, NJ...(Peddie School)...... David Ryslik - HUDLhighlights

1151348.jpg

Last edited:
recruiting update:
Feb 3rd
"Uconn commit Dario Highsmith of Middletown is honoring his commitment to Huskies"

FEB 20th update:
@Desmond Conner
"Dario Highsmith Sr. tells me tonight his son, also Dario is going to Army and not Uconn as a preferred walk-on"

Last edited:
A big Husky shoutout and welcome to an additional DB commit per DC from the Hartford Courant:

Chris Jean-Pierre......DB....6-1/190.....Deep River, CT
(Valley Regional/Old Lyme)......Chris Jean-Pierre - Hudl
12962081-copy-400x302.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT