ADVERTISEMENT

WATCH: UConn Women's Basketball Pregame (Tennessee) - 1/22/2020

Their strength is rebounding.........our biggest weakness. This might be a dog fight.

Tonight UConn is favored by 13.5 Points per 5Dimes and the o/u is 134.5. I got UConn winning the game, UT covering the spread, and the over.

Watch for Jordan Horston of UT. UConn recruited her aggressively and lost her to UT. #2 recruit in nation behind Christyn Williams. Many people thought she would transfer to UConn with Evie Westbrook who UConn also recruited, but Jordan decided to stick it out with UT’s new coach. Who has done a good job (Kelly Harper former Summitt player and disciple).

Does anyone know if Evie Westbrook is Russell’s sister?

Should be a good one tonight!

If this team is going to make it back to the final four, Meghan Walker can’t be the first option. She’s far too flawed.

Christin really needs to find her shooting stroke and Olivia can’t Disappear in these big games.

Reactions: Walker15
First half played out the way I thought the whole game would so give credit the coaches and team for pulling it together and toasting UT.

Westbrook is not related to the NBA abomination.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Gritty win. The big 3 were 13-49 and they still won by 15.

Sometimes you have to win ugly and really good teams can win different ways. And I like that Megan wants to be the alpha, I just don’t think she’s athletic or skilled enough to deliver consistently. Too many line drive shots and turnovers for my taste.

Crystal Dangerfield has to lead this team and become more of a scorer. She has the ability to do it. Walker has her moments but I prefer Dangerfield be first option.

I agree Khalid. I think Christin, if she can find her shot, could be a 1a. And a more consistent Ono as the next option. Megan will get her 15, because she’ll take shots. But her early season success was fools gold imo. She’s not athletic or long enough to finish at the rim against good teams or enough of a playmaker to help your team if she isn’t knocking down shots.

Let's not forget Walker is almost always matched up against bigger and stronger players, especially when ONO is out of the game and she ends up having to defend centers and power forwards, so it saps her energy and also makes her look not as effective. She also does a great job on defense against bigger players. Let's not get too focused on correcting the offense when defense is the real strength of the UConn team. This team is not and probably will never be great in halfcourt offense, but Dangerfield is a very elusive guard, a passing threat and she is exceptionally clever at finding open spots for her shot, and she can help cover some of the deficiencies. Walker is needed to bang down corner 3s and also drive and score when Dangerfield draws the defense. However what will win UConn many games is their pressure D creating transition offense.

Good post.

Christin broke out today and shot really well. Hopefully that’s here to stay.

Geno can’t make any 0-America jokes about Ania anymore. And that no look pass on the break to CW was Larry bird-esque. The contributions from her and Griffin makes this team very dangerous come March.

Watch the replay again and the Griffin outlet pass to Makurat is right on the money. 2 inches left or right and Anna cannot make that pass and hit Williams in stride.

Williams should play like this every game! If she does nobody will beat UConn. Best transition player in the country bar none!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT