ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Women Crush West Chester 115-26

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
The women opened with an 89 point rout of Geno's alma mater, division III power West Chester. MoJeff had 19, KML had 17 and Stewart added 15 while Kiah Nurse looked good in her first game action with the Lady Huskies.

If you can ever take anything from this type of game it would be that Nurse is far from your average Freshman.

Saniya Chong started at guard today, and she appears to be slightly ahead of Nurse at this point in time. Tuck will be the first forward off the bench, and Nurse the first guard. It's nice to see UConn sporting such depth. I also observed that Stokes provided 13 points and 12 boards starting at center. If she puts up close to double figures in points, she will be an upgrade over Dolson defensively and possibly even an overall upgrade if they play an uptempo style. Dolson was more of a halfcourt player.

Lobo tweeted that Stokes could be All-American this year and top 5 pick in the draft.

I agree that she could be overall a better type player for UCONN than Dolson was for us with this speed going up and down the court but it would be splitting hairs. Stokes to me has always been better defensively.

Tuck is an All American on any other team, I thought she would transfer by now, a Duke would feature her all day long. I love having her but with Stew and Samuelson next year that forward spot is best in the world. I love her and glad she stayed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT