ADVERTISEMENT

UConn WBB on FloHoops

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
The UConn women's games at the Battle of Atlantis this weekend are being streamed on some streaming service called FloHoops which apparently offers a 7 day free trial:
Have any of you guys ever used this streaming service? I never even heard of them until now.
I am wondering if the free trial is like Sirius Radio where they make it very very difficult to cancel which makes the so called free trial borderline fraudulent. I don't like these kinds of bullshit marketing gimmicks. Let me know if I can expect that with FloHoops

The women's game is at the exact same time as the men which can be dealt with by DVRing the men's game, although I have never liked doing that and score spoilers sometimes get posted which really, really upsets me when they do that.

Have any of you guys ever used this streaming service? I never even heard of them until now.
Actually.... yes..... It's what the BE/ Uconn has tier 3 content on and I actually subscribed for a discounted Uconn $6.99 a month rate in Sept. and watched some soccer games, etc. It is a nationwide service for smaller schools too, who don't have national TV contracts. It's kinda like what ESPN+ would have been for alot of FB & BB games had Uconn not left the AAC. And the production (good or bad) .....is whatever the home school produces and if they have a decent production set-up.

But funny thing is I forgot to cancel it and just did last week so my membership ends Nov 27th. So I just checked and I have access to those games in Atlantis. Here the link with the Uconn info below ...also the monthly discount link: https://uconnhuskies.com/flosports

Last edited:
Don't know about the free trial, but why not if it's there. I've already paid the $7. The other thing is I downloaded the channel and watch it on my streaming device on my TV---- Roku. As you notice at the bottom of their page, you can stream it on most devices.

It seems like only the first two games UConn plays, today against Minnesota and tomorrow against USF or Syracuse, will be on FloHoops. The championship game Monday night, which barring a huge upset will be #1 South Carolina against #2 UConn, is "TBD", which I think means one of SNY or the ESPN networks will pick it up, although it surprises me that it still has to be determined who will be broadcasting a championship game. I suppose they want to see who is going to be in it before picking it up?

Geno is going to have to play his full compliment of healthy players- which I think is either 12 or 13 depending on if Griffin is ready- to keep the starters fresh with 3 games in 3 days. I assume he knows this.

So lame the clowns running the scoreboard @ Atlantis didn't know the difference between Uconn and Minnesota until half way through the 1st period before they fixed it .....then they had like 118 up for MINN and it took them like 5 minutes to correct it...but I found these highlights for those with no FLOW....

I watched the replay this morning.... it was close halfway through the 2nd until Uconn blew them away early in the 3rd.

Last edited:
Minnesota had won by 7 at Arizona State which was a somewhat impressive win. I think they are a solid Big 10 team and the 30 point win and career high 31 points by Christyn Williams were satisfying. Tougher test today vs. #23 USF. UConn has traditionally played them very tough and beaten the crap out of ranked USF teams in the past, but we will see. USF never beat UConn in AAC action, in which UConn was 127-0 or something like that including postseason tournament.

Yeah I'm watching it now.... pretty close until Fudd finally hit a few 3's but USF still hanging in there ---down 9 at the half-----
.... BTW .... ONO is terrible. can't catch a pass, doesn't shoot over 5-10 kids down low when she does catch it from 2 feet away... but then jacks up 17 ft'ers when she can't shoot. USF even played hack- a -ONO when Uconn was holding for the last shot end of 2nd. and of course she missed on the 1st FT.

Last edited:
USF never beat UConn in AAC action, in which UConn was 127-0 or something like that including postseason tournament.
Well maybe they just needed them out of the AAC to beat em' ....had a 3 pt lead until Buckets tied it with a 3 @ the buzzer end of 3rd. ....Uconn playin' like ass.

Well 60-53 Uconn... despite getting killed on offensive rebounds by players 3-4" shorter than them at every position ( especially ONO who won't move to the ball) and playing terrible D.. that forced Geno into a zone.

Last edited:
This is not what you want, I read Edwards had zero points, which is absurd. ONO should be benched. The girls were spending too much time on pool and beach and were distracted

PS don't subscribe to Flo Sports, the epitome of a Mickey Mouse operation even though they're not
( Disney/ ESPN)....

This is not what you want, I read Edwards had zero points, which is absurd. ONO should be benched. The girls were spending too much time on pool and beach and were distracted
Yeah total suckfest...dumb TO's... bad D..suck RB'ing. It was Fudd (the one trick pony- finally !) and Paige who did just enough to win.

He’s obviously the goat, but Geno has lost something off the fastball the last few years.

ive said it before, if he doesn’t win it all this year, he’s likely never going too Again.

Reactions: the Blades
I am a little perplexed by how badly the bigs have now played in 3 games. They are all experienced players and should be better than this. Edwards 0 points and 3 boards. ONO 5 and 5, Dorka 2 and 6, this is pathetic. UConn was outrebounded by USF 34-29.

Meanwhile South Carolina, looking like the #1 team, routed #9 Oregon by 17. UConn-SC tomorrow at 12 noon, ESPN. I will have to tape the game.

they’ll respond tomorrow.

im just worried about another clunker in late March/early April.

but agree, Edwards not scoring and low rebound #’s this season are puzzling. Hope Geno follows Danny’s lead and if someone is stinking it up, put someone else in,

When things are that bad you have to put in Amari DeBerry or Piath Gabriel. On another note, I think Aubrey Griffin's absence is being felt because she is the one they bring in to cover any athletic forward. With undersized athletic forwards, when they start doing damage Aubrey would always be inserted to cool them off. She is also a great rebounder. She will be missed against SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT