ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn vs USC

In the post game presser Andy Enfield seemed to think his team wore down late in the game and really missed the guard in their rotation who did not play. Anyway this is what depth does, it wears opposing teams down late in games so that they have trouble making shots and plays. He pointed to the 3-19 on 3s, many wide open, and Carlton and Whaley crashing the O-boards against the USC zone, as the main reasons why USC lost, although he loved the way his team played zone D in the second half.

UConn's 42-31 rebounding victory is the single most impressive stat coming out of this game. It tells me that the days of UConn getting consistently beaten on the boards by better teams is OVER.

its great that Bouk is getting off to good starts, but we need him to be a finisher to have a special year.

this roster has a lot of answers. A far cry from where we were just two years ago.

Reactions: the Blades
Also I like the blue and gray units DH talked about in the post game, that I posted pre game #12 . It gives each guy a more defined role and let's them know who they are competing with for PT/a starting slot or who they come in for if someone gets in foul trouble. Once he starts mixing it up with the small ball line-ups it seems like no one knows what their role is . This team is deep enough to do things that way with almost 2 starting line-ups. And instead of trying to mach up with other teams, let the other teams try to match-up and defend Uconn's size. Late game is a little different with the best FT shooters, ball handlers, pressure if they're behind, etc.

Last edited:
James Bouknight's 1 Legends Classic game resulted in him making the All Tournament Team. I am surprised Evan Mobley didn't make the team:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT