ADVERTISEMENT

UConn v. Oregon

Gutty, if not pretty. Survive and advance.

Don't let this uconn snowball get rolling.

Oregon doesn't foul anymore when they knock Uconn down going to the hoop, refs got the halftime memo from Phil Knight :mad:.....oh and thanks TL for the out of control drive in crunch time....
Meh- you're watching in "husky vision".

Wow!!!! So impressed by these guy tonight!

Vital is a problem, doesn’t play smart.....except that very heady scramble play!

So impressed overall! Just so impressed!

Now just give MSU a game......

Reactions: Afghusky15
View from the other side:
Article: Altman demands more after embarrassing loss to UCONN

Article-Oregon Ducks struggle under the lights
" Altman seemed to take this loss personally, saying that the Ducks were coached poorly. It was the first Oregon game of the tournament in honor of the school's most famous alum. Phil Knight, who turns 80 in February, likely felt older than that from his courtside seat as he watched the two teams rack up 53 total fouls. But it was Oregon's untimely stretches of ineptitude that ground momentum to a halt. "

Last edited:
Right on cue

Go pound sand.

Huskies out talented Oregon by a wide, wide margin. The ducks couldn't hit the ocean in the 2nd half, they didn't have a point guard capable of protecting the ball and not a single one of them could keep their man in front of them.

Uconn made no advances in interior D, 3 point shooting or ball movement. The same issues on offense persist over the past 3 years. The only thing good was the effort. If they bring that same style of play to MSU they'll get smoked.

None of that is me, or MY attitude. It's reality.

Oregon looked aggressive for around 8 minutes of this game but the rest of the game they were poor. They shot 33% and on D they couldn’t keep anyone one in front of them or contain penetration. I don’t think UConn will see that many teams that lay an egg from outside the arc like Oregon did. A lot of their looks were open. And their bigs certainly didn’t distinguish themselves.

They are a well coached team so hopefully they pull it together to make that win look better by the end of the season. Out of conference wins are a must so...check that box at least.

Oregon looked aggressive for around 8 minutes of this game but the rest of the game they were poor. They shot 33% and on D they couldn’t keep anyone one in front of them or contain penetration. I don’t think UConn will see that many teams that lay an egg from outside the arc like Oregon did. A lot of their looks were open. And their bigs certainly didn’t distinguish themselves.
True, except theirselves, they still can't hit from the arc at 3-17 (17.6%) Altman was complaining about the lack of ball movement and his teams 17 TO's ...plus added "There's no extra points for those long threes," Altman said. "I'm not sure why we're taking them."

Box score

Was CV taking a little heat for his PK reference ? .... “Sorry, Phil,” Christian Vital jokingly said afterwards. “Thank you for the gear, though.”

Go pound sand.

Huskies out talented Oregon by a wide, wide margin. The ducks couldn't hit the ocean in the 2nd half, they didn't have a point guard capable of protecting the ball and not a single one of them could keep their man in front of them.

Uconn made no advances in interior D, 3 point shooting or ball movement. The same issues on offense persist over the past 3 years. The only thing good was the effort. If they bring that same style of play to MSU they'll get smoked.

None of that is me, or MY attitude. It's reality.

There was a huge change in UConns play. They just held a team that averages 95pts per game to 63 pts. The team played high energy defense all game long.

On offense, this is the first time I’ve seen all the UConn guards buy into what KO has been preaching, which is drive to the rim and shoot less 3s. The guards played very aggressive on offensive and defensive end.

This was clearly an impressive win. Even after beating Oregon, OU is still ranked nearly 20 spots ahead of us in kenpom. Great win, now let’s keenit going with MichST!

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Oregon is not as good as I thought but still they seemed more physically fit and yet we still out played them.

Great win by us.and the lack of assists.............I kind of liked it as it shows we did a little more of what I have been asking for is taking the ball to the whole and not just passing around the horn over and over and over and over again.

They didn't do anything different on offense last night, they just found a team who was willing to let it work. The lack of help d last night was inexplicable. 4 assists on the night, with 3 of them coming in the last 8 minutes, speaks to the rec league ball we witnessed, not a buy-in on philosophy. If they meet resistance on the perimeter tonight it'll be raining bricks again.

There was a huge change in UConns play. They just held a team that averages 95pts per game to 63 pts. The team played high energy defense all game long.

On offense, this is the first time I’ve seen all the UConn guards buy into what KO has been preaching, which is drive to the rim and shoot less 3s. The guards played very aggressive on offensive and defensive end.

This was clearly an impressive win. Even after beating Oregon, OU is still ranked nearly 20 spots ahead of us in kenpom. Great win, now let’s keenit going with MichST!
They are starting to surprise me pleasantly!

I am somewhere between Dom and Andersonfro......Oregon was very bad defending penetration and keeping UConn’s guards in front of them, but they were put on their heels by UConn playing aggressively, driving to the basket and into contact, Kemba-style. If you have two guards who are three quarters of what Kemba was, guess what? That makes 1.5 Kembas. What I am trying to say is that if you run that same offense through Adams and Gilbert and both are mini-Kembas in production you could have more than one whole Kemba in value.

Neither Adams nor Gilbert are as explosive on the first step or finish as well Kemba did, but they are both doing similar types of things to score and I am suggesting that the sum total of their production gives you 1 Kemba, or perhaps slightly more than 1 Kemba.

ADVERTISEMENT