ADVERTISEMENT

UConn-Tulane, Tuesday 1/19

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
UConn has opened as a 15 point favorite. The game down at Tulane was really badly officiated, but I did see one thing in that game that concerned me. It probably will not be so much an issue at home. The Temple bigs, who were essentially talentless stiffs but BIG talentless stiffs, decided to throw their bodies aggressively around in every direction which resulted in Facey fouling out in 9 minutes. Now Nolan is the starter and although he plays better positional D than Facey, he is prone to foul trouble as well. However I don't think this game will be go like the one at Tulane. It's a lock that the officiating will not be as bad, because it's simply not possible to be as bad as those refs were that night. Plus playing in Hartford will be a different vibe for both teams as opposed to that high school gym Tulane plays at. One theory I have on the referees that night is that with a high school gym you get high school officiating. XL Center is a more big time environment so the refs will raise their game.

Last edited:
Watching game at a Sports Bar. Tulane sucks Giraffe balls! UConn should be up by 30. Calhoun looked very athletic on that dunk! Who said he had no hops?

Reactions: Ozzie3178
UConn started out great but at the end of the first half until now we look completely out of sync. Tulane is shooting 23% from the field and are only down by 9; we need to score more transition buckets and pick up the pace.

UConn hasn't been good for any sustained stretch in this game. Tulane is horrible, and it isn't because of anything UConn is doing. They have missed dunks, badly bricked makeable shots, and showed general offensive ineptitude which is why they are shooting 23%. Their bigs have no basketball talent at all.

Was disappointed by Adams. He did nothing to show he deserved the start.

Tulane was as bad a team as UConn will see the rest of the way so you take the W and move on.

A win is a win but there were some ugly possessions throughout the entire game. Careless turnovers against a team that should not be competitive with us. We stepped up our defense in the second half but we cannot be playing down to their level. On to Georgetown.

Tulane managed to shoot a remarkable 25.9% for the game. I was shocked it was that high. Those 2 late 3s when no D was being played took up the %.

Facey quietly had 8 points and 7 boards in only 12 minutes of action. Which is pretty efficient production.

I think this game looks like a loss vs. all but about 2 or 3 teams in the AAC....slop fest

Miller carried the team tonight. But I would love to see him kick the ball out once in awhile. They cheat on him every time.

Good game quotes on defense and others on work the offense needs as Jacobs gives KO an assist......I don't think KO needs an assist just a quicker hook on teaching moments( that he let's slide to often) to clean up the low IQ offensive plays/ rushed/bad shots that we've seen way to often from the usual suspects for a couple of years in some cases. The plays that will kill you against good teams who grind you down to get good shots. Especially if they want to play into March. Maybe we're just spoiled to have seen 2 coaches( JC and Geno) who nip things in the bud even when they're up 50 points in Geno's case or 30 secs into a game with JC. .....Anyway it's a pretty balanced read:

UConn Fans. Kevin Ollie's Doing All right ...

Would love to see this come around.... there was alot of slow movement around the perimeter until the shot clock ran down last night :
{ Do you like the shots you're getting, "No," he said. "No. We need to move the basketball. I want to play on the third side. I don't want to play on the first or second side. When we move the basketball great things happen for us. That's the bottom line." }

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT