ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn - St Pete Bowl....Dec 26th

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Thanks Aman for the combined update:
Reports: UConn Football Playing in St. Petersburg Bowl

"The St. Petersburg Bowl is formerly known as the Beef' O'Brady's Bowl, so things could be worse. As it is, playing at 11 a.m. on the day after Christmas is pretty bad if you are a fan hoping to attend. There is speculation that the Boca Raton Bowl is still in play as well." ( Tuesday, December 22, 7:00 pm ... may go to Temple instead ?)

Last edited:
Reactions: aman kidwai
The Herd has been to the St Pete Bowl once before and even though the date isn't ideal this year, they do put on a great event for those who attend.

Reactions: aman kidwai
This was like watching the Missouri game. The offense could only be described as inept. The two-minute drill was a disaster.

I guess ESPN's 11 am time slot was perfect for this match-up. Talk about a sleeper and playing not to lose all game. Then the OC expecting a miracle drive when you sat in the fetal position all game. They have a WR with 54 catches, how many times did they target him, once ??? But keep throwing to a 300 lb. OT who was shifted to TE for this game....SMH !

Last edited:
It tooken Two weeks to Put this game plan together run my qb who been injuryed dont target my best wr dont get the PlayStation in fast coaching has to get better but the programa is making head in the right direction good job playera u guys la de it out all season i look forward to next season hope every Step up next season every one oc

Sounds like Noel Thomas wasn't to happy that the OC thought passing down field was illegal in this game ....I thought the AD made PP get rid of George DeLeone for running this same type of conservative offense they both ran at Syracuse b4 he canned them both 2 years ago....T. J. Weist where are you ? But at least Diaco can hang his hat on keeping the D numbers down with this boring brand of FB...something has to be done B4 next year to stop this scared play calling that they game plan with for certain teams ..because it's becoming like ground hog day....over & over again !

Noel Thomas ‏@NoelThomas05 9h9 hours ago
" Promise I won't see zero ever again."

Last edited:
Or another way to put it from the Courant's Jacobs: Offense Must Grow To Reach Diaco's Projection

Or then again as the article says....maybe it won't with a defensive minded, ball control, clock killing HC:
"He simply doesn't coach wild-eyed offense." ......"We don't play football like that," Diaco said. "I want fundamentally sound, hard-nosed, smash-mouth football."

Nice season coach after the rebuild, but your gonna need alot more excitement and aggressiveness on offense to fill ( 97% capacity for 8 years before the Pasqualoni disaster) the stadium again ....

Last edited:
Gotta love Diaco's team building and righting the ship... after stripping it down to about 60 scholly players last year and gaining experience for some of the 20 true freshman he played ( around 50 overall that were added) in the last 2 years.....But I think this is the ultimate irony regarding the lack of aggressiveness on both sides of the ball. ......It's that 2 coaches that Uconn just had on it's staff ...OC and interim HC T. J. Weist who turned around PP/GDL's putrid Uconn offense in half a season..... and Doctor Blitz our former DC Don Brown are now both working as top coaches for Michigan. ......What's up with that Warde and who's staff were you building.... Uconn's or Jim Harbaugh's and your former alma mater's ??

[URL='https://twitter.com/NoelThomas05']Noel Thomas ‏@NoelThomas05 5h5 hours ago
Next year. Senior year. Redemption year. https://www.instagram.com/p/_ztWbZKes7Bs0SpF9txceWBxFgQ10jOcAq_xI0/…
[/URL]

Noel Thomas ‏@NoelThomas05

Family. We'll be back.
1f608.png

CXQjCQrUsAA9Vu1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT