ADVERTISEMENT

UConn offers 2017 PF John Harrar

Harrar is currently committed to Army for football, but wants to pursue basketball instead and is using the current April live periods to boost his stock. First two offers are from Penn State and UConn.

Harrar plays for Philly Pride, and put up 15 points and 6 rebounds last night in front of Kevin Ollie (who was reportedly watching Moses Brown of New Heights). So it would seem this offer came straight from Kevin Ollie.

Not sure what to think about this, but it's nice to see a big man who actually recognizes that he's a forward and will be matched up against other bigs.

Please!

Tyler Olander would look like Hakeem Olujawon next to our Bigs currently on the roster.

I heard Quinnipiac has the inside track to sign him since they have better finishers than what KO has on his staff ....;)

Lol Blades.

I've seen Chillious called out already, talk about the honey moon being over? And I think it's unfair. He has to develop some roots before the tree produces fruit.

It took me a full 3-4 years before I started loathing the head ball coach.

What happen to all those Washington decommits that he was supposed to bring here...it's not like he's been out of the game....just sayin'......

In the video Harrar looks long and athletic. It appears there are some questions about the competition he played in high school and nobody really recruited or looked at him for hoops until very late because he appeared committed to football. Someone probably told him that Tight Ends in football get hit, and concussed, and maybe basketball scholly is the way to go. However the football pedigree signals toughness and perhaps he could add some to this team.

I know the recruits wouldn't have to go over their 'Husky' tattoo heading to Storrs, but that is quite a change of heart for these kids to end up 3000 miles across the country.

Especially with the vultures circling around Gampel. This rotting corpse has only one persons dna on it and it came from a pencil thin mustache.

I know the recruits wouldn't have to go over their 'Husky' tattoo heading to Storrs, but that is quite a change of heart for these kids to end up 3000 miles across the country. Especially with the vultures circling around Gampel. This rotting corpse has only one persons dna on it and it came from a pencil thin mustache.
Wasn't Fultz from the east coast ??? I thought that's where Chill and Killings do their best work ...LOL !.....looks like it's going to be a long season... but if the Q gets in the way I heard Tom Moore might be able to help KO with some negative recruiting regarding that school..... ;) .....I guess when your scraping from the bottom of the barrel.... !!!

Wasn't Fultz from the east coast ??? I thought that's where Chill and Killings do their best work ...LOL !.....looks like it's going to be a long season... but if the Q gets in the way I heard Tom Moore might be able to help KO with some negative recruiting regarding that school..... ;) .....I guess when your scraping from the bottom of the barrel.... !!!
What does markelle fultz have to do with recruits going to uconn????? You are totally clueless about this recruiting stuff.

Nothing , you brainless troll, you can't be that dense .... this is for grown up long time posters who have a rapport with each other having a few laughs... so I'll make it simple for you new jack, why don't just run back over to the boneyard or put me on ignore....

Nothing you, you brainless troll, you can't be that dense .... this is for grown up long time posters who have a rapport with each other having few laughs... so I'll make it simple for you new jack, why don't just run back over to the boneyard or put me on ignore....
My fault . From some of your past posts I thought that was a serious post .

My fault . From some of your past posts I thought that was a serious post .
;););)....:confused:...at this point all we can do is laugh....maybe it's time for KO to call Neils, Boat or Phil over in Europe...they know what winning looks like.... any 18 year old
6-10 euro kid with 2 arms and 2 legs.... should do....

In the video Harrar looks long and athletic. It appears there are some questions about the competition he played in high school and nobody really recruited or looked at him for hoops until very late because he appeared committed to football. Someone probably told him that Tight Ends in football get hit, and concussed, and maybe basketball scholly is the way to go. However the football pedigree signals toughness and perhaps he could add some to this team.
He just played great against a 5 star recruit last night....

It's bad when you have to make a last-minute offer like this just to fill one of four open roster spots. It's worse when you lose out - to Penn State. Those UConn guys KO is looking for must be real hard to find.

It's bad when you have to make a last-minute offer like this just to fill one of four open roster spots. It's worse when you lose out - to Penn State. Those UConn guys KO is looking for must be real hard to find.
+1, love to see those 2-4 magic recruits that he's hiding on us,.... where are they at ?..Europe, Israel, some African nation...2018 reclass'es ?
It just gets better and better with the clowns on this staff, no plan A to retain the players they did have, No Plan B when you lose 'em or , C, D, E, or F. Can't even gain interest from a kid who's best offer besides a bunch of low D-1's is from a FB school with a terrible BB program. I guess next years team will be forced to play like Nova did in 2005 with 4 pintsized guards( Lowry, Ray & Nardi, but at least Foye was about 6-4 210 & could get ya 6 boards a game) and hope someone is able to rebound because Larrier is nothing you can count on to hit the glass at a 190lbs soaking wet. Then hope their isn't an injury relapse like last year ( when he had 11 bodies) with any of 3 guys, don't have any new injuries, a concussion protocol sit out, a tweaked ankle, etc., etc, etc. Yep sounds like KO is well prepared....:eek:.... for everything he created because he's drab coach, who fell asleep at the wheel, that kids don't want to listen to. The only way this works out is if Jalen ( who's the only one in Storrs I have any faith in to turn this around).....becomes The Miracle Worker...

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
KO's "plan" is to recruit over whatever stop-gap he comes up with and if his plan (lol) isn't successful he's going to be shown the door. Lose/lose for a player like this to attend Uconn

Too many recruiting dead ends. Nobody seems interested in UConn. The 3 transfers and subsequent staff changes didn't really instill any confidence in fans, media or recruits. If UConn had some experienced serviceable big men in the fold they could have a good team, but right now they look like a double donut team in the middle.

UConn didn't lose out to Penn st. Kid is from Pennsylvania for all we know he's a die hard penn st fan and that's where he wanted to go. UConn was late to the party anyway as was everyone else but I believe Penn st was one of the first to offer him when he made it known he wanted to play bball and not football any longer

Being in this position; needing a Penn State redshirt to come here for 40 mins per game.

That's what makes this a loss.

I'm still standing by waiting to be impressed by our new coach though

Reactions: the Blades
KO was obviously caught with his pants down this offseason. Unfortunately he wasn't charged with indecent exposure and handed a lengthy prison sentence.

Reactions: the Blades
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT