ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn in the NBA

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
The Hornets (6-2) fell short but Kemba is now averaging 26 PPG:

Last edited:
That was a tough loss for the Hornets but I think Kemba will be going to the All Star game this year over Lowry.

46% is like Steph Curry territory and don't know if that will continue but Kemba is clearly improved shooting the 3 which makes him very dangerous because he is extremely skilled slashing to the hole and scoring. The only thing he could increase a bit more is his assist totals which are not bad but not in Harden/Westbrook territory either. I anticipate that Harden and Westbrook will be averaging close to triple doubles all year. But Kemba is getting closer to that level that those guys are at.

Reactions: the Blades
There is more money overseas. Jimmer Fredette was a D-League All Star last year, praying for a call up, Knicks gave him a 10 day contract and then cut him. Now Jimmer is in China and just dropped 51 on one of the Chinese teams the other day:

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/11/12/jimmer-fredette-51-points-china-shanghai-sharks-video

There is a guy whose defensive skills are ideally suited for the Chinese league. Plus he is getting paid $1 million which is better than flipping burgers pay:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17205164/jimmer-fredette-signs-shanghai-sharks-chinese-league

I saw Lamb had 17 boards, crazy. Maybe he can come back and play PF for us.

Kemba is becoming a legit super star. Would love to hear what the salty owner thinks of him. I hear he played some ball in his day. :)

Lamb actually had his best season as a pro last year and has quietly improved his shooting. He has been a 33% career 3 point shooter in the NBA which is below what he is capable of IMHO. I just think it's great he and Kemba are again starting together in the pros. The same 2 guys who led UConn to 11 straight postseason wins in 2011, a feat that may never be matched. Kemba is playing at an All star level and you simply cannot bet against these two guys in clutch spots in big games. The further removed we get from the 2011 season the more I am in awe of what Kemba did that year. It was the best season by a UConn player bar none in the 38 years I have watched the team. If Kemba and the Hornets challenge for the title in a few years I will be pulling for them. Honestly I believe it will be Cavs Warriors for a 3rd straight year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT