ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball UConn guard Nahiem Alleyne has entered the transfer portal

Also, wouldn't he have to sit a year as a 2 time portal guy? Lots of questions here but I have complete confidence in Coach Hurley and his staff on constructing next year's roster.

Great work by Ben Butcher. New to the game, but gonna be a stud.

Quick acting to get the story up with good insight.

Also, wouldn't he have to sit a year as a 2 time portal guy? Lots of questions here but I have complete confidence in Coach Hurley and his staff on constructing next year's roster.
I haven't heard that, but I'd guess we could ask former Uconn commit James Akinjo and guys like him.

This NA story was discussed earlier in the day on TOS. But I wonder if it's some house keeping that needs to be done to secure "another 6-4 shooting guard" from the portal before he gets to Storrs tomorrow. (Not that he's a sure thing from conflicting rumors)....But if so I'd guess NA wasn't guaranteed a starting role/or the PT he was expecting if that's the case. Or probably was looking to upgrade, after a year off the bench. ( BTW, non of this should ever be about some chick KSTW, since kids relationships can last about a minute in the world we live in now...)

But as we learned last spring when we saw 3 guards hit the portal ( Gaffney/ Floyd/ Diggins ), DH more than improved the roster, so yeah on this above in bold ^^^. Plus lets not forget, even without counting Newton and now NA, the roster (Scholarship Grid) was over stocked with underclassmen and the 2023's ( even w/o portal adds). So time will tell as in the 2022 off season. Though this time it's also about reducing numbers, while seeing what DH and Co. does.

In any event best of luck Nahiem, thanks for the memories and all you did towards the Natty !
( and you could always leave with the girl as a package ;), since she may have a PT problem too, next year on the WBB team with Paige back and KK Arnold)

Last edited:
PS, I'm surprised the super sleuths/ insiders on this site missed this one.....;)

( BTW, non of this should ever be about some chick KSTW, since kids relationships can last about a minute in the world we live in now...)

In any event best of luck Nahiem, thanks for the memories and all you did towards the Natty !
( and you could always leave with the girl as a package ;), since she may have a PT problem too, next year on the WBB team with Paige back and KK Arnold)
True that- on the first paragraph.

As far as Nika leaving (possibly with Nahiem) due to the incoming, I tend to doubt it. She led the nation in assists and is the 2 time Big East defensive player of the year. She is a gamer, and tough, and Geno loves how she competes. I figured next year she would start in a hugely experienced 3 guard lineup with Fudd and Bueckers, with Edwards and Brady as the 2 bigs. KK Arnold is behind her on the depth chart. There are some negatives with Nika, however, which are:

(1) she is turnover prone- so you take high TOs with high assists. She was also really, really bad, as was Fudd, against the Ohio State press. Shockingly bad.

(2) she is foul prone, although you can live with it based on her stellar defense and the depth behind her which would be KK. She also tends to overly bitch and complain to refs about fouls.

(3) her 3 point shooting, although it improved, is not really on par with Bueckers or Fudd or other UConn guards of the past.

On balance I would love to see her back with Paige and Azzi. The ball movement and assists totals will skyrocket if those 3 are healthy and together.

True that- on the first paragraph.
LOL!.....I hear ya....was just joking on what you wrote in the other thread.....
"Is Nahiem dating Nika Muhl?????? Methinks that as between Nahiem playing with Stephon Castle and spending another year at UConn with Nika, the latter was possibly a more decisive factor....lol😍 "

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT