ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Girls #4, ND #1 in Preseason 2016-17 Top 25

I think the primary scorers will be Samuelson and Nurse. Last year Nurse played very deferentially to the upperclassmen, even though she was coming off a summer in which she dropped 33 against Team USA (which included Stewart and Jefferson) to give Canada the gold medal in the Pan Am games and was MVP of those games. Nurse, not Stewie or Jeff, was the best player on that court. Nurse has more scoring ability than what we have seen, because she deferred to the seniors this past year. There will be no more deferring. Nurse and Samuelson will be the main girl players on next year's team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc2000
Oh I agree shakes Nurse will be AA level next year but KLS will need to adjust to being defended tighter and Collier is no Morgan Tuck down low just yet. I think we have a real shot at a title because our girls work harder while last year we worked harder and had the three top players in the country. Next year we will have between 0-5 loses but it will be a GREAT coaching year for Geno and one I think he will have a blast doing....given his health is in order.

Reactions: UconNell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT