ADVERTISEMENT

UConn-Cornell, Nov. 20

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Cornell is 3-2 and their 2 leading scorers are 6-2" senior guard Matt Morgan (26.3 ppg and 47% on 3s) and 6-8" sophomore forward Jimmy Boeheim. If that name sounds familiar, yes it is Jim Boeheim's oldest child of 3 who are all playing college basketball. Jimmy is averaging 16.5 ppg so far. He is only listed at 215 pounds so this is likely a fair matchup for fellow sophomore Tyler Polley, who is only giving away 15 pounds.

Morgan is coming off a 34 point explosion against NJIT and has now scored double figures in 56 straight games. It seems likely that Christian Vital will get assigned to defend him.

Last edited:
TUES, 7pm, XL Center (SNY) vs. Cornell ( 3-2, Ivy League)
Cornell-bb.jpg

Last edited:
The line on this game is UConn -14.5.

Anyone think about the possibility that Cobb could have his 3rd straight double figure scoring game after not having one last season? Cobb was the only UConn player to make the All 2K Empire Classic tournament team.

Overall an okay first half but Cornell shooting 50% FGs and hanging with UConn on the boards is not what you want. UConn is up 15 because Jalen Adams and Christian Vital played their butts off. Nice minutes by Brendan Adams too- he looks like a real good player to me. Alterique Gilbert is not making solid decisions out there, he reminds me a lot of Kemba as a freshman, wild and playing too fast. He needs to see the Court better and slow down a little.

I laughed my ass off with the “he lost his mind on his shot selection a couple times” comment. Fortunately it was only a couple times. It was the usual “Christian Vital experience”. A few crazy shots, great D, hard play, pride and guts and when the smoke cleared 19 points. Hurley seems to be squeezing down the bad shots and hopefully it continues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT