ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Basketball Recruiting Big Board

Could be optimistic but I'm hoping we land Makai, Hamidou, and Nick Richards to go along with Zach Brown in our 2017 class. What does everyone else think?

Could be optimistic but I'm hoping we land Makai, Hamidou, and Nick Richards to go along with Zach Brown in our 2017 class. What does everyone else think?
This minus Zach Brown would be the ideal for me. I think Brown will be too risky with his issues and his performance hasn't justified taking a risk there.

I think Goodwin looks pretty good and I hope we don't give up on Harvey or Obiagu either. It's good to stay in the ear of top prospects even if we don't have a good shot at them.

Can't forget about Nate Pierre Louis and the other Georgia kids either. The 2017 class is far from set.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
+1 rta

Ive watched tape of ZB a few times. 1st time i watched, i was shocked he was ranked #25. But, he's still young. Not playing strong comp in HS and then seeing his recent stats.....just confirms my gut to pass on this guy with the non hoops related issues adding to the mix. He could end up being a superstar but i believe in KO if we let him go.

I think Zach Brown isn't going to be at UConn. He will end up being at a mid major. Like Yinka Dare although I doubt he ends up being as good as Dare. He might not amount to anything.

Speaking of Yinka Dare, do any of you guys remember how he didn't have an assist in the first 716 minutes or so of his NBA career, which was essentially a full season? Not a single assist. He has the NBA record of games played without an assist: 58.

Last edited:
Speaking of Yinka Dare, do any of you guys remember how he didn't have an assist in the first 716 minutes or so of his NBA career, which was essentially a full season? Not a single assist. He has the NBA record of games played without an assist: 58.

What I remember most is he had a short career in the NBA and that Donyell and company beat him the 2nd round the same year of the infamous missed FT's in the sweet sixteen loss to Florida in Miami...Also remember that though GW listed like him 7-1.5" in college. He was really only about 6-10 when he was measured out going to the league. The sad part of Yinka's story is he died of a heart attack at only 31 years old.

Bio: Yinka Dare

Last edited:
Any news on Tauren Thompson? Recent Crystal Ball predictions have Seton Hall but I haven't seen anything about UCONN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT