ADVERTISEMENT

UConn a #7 Seed In Early 2016-17 Bracketology

I've become numb to these.....last year this time I was thinking we would have some serious ballers on this team and fr the most part we were half what I expected so the fact we are viewed as a top 28 team......so be it. We could be great we could be terrible.

I am hopeful for a 4seed or 5th seed for next year.

When you consider that seeding is deflated due to conference affiliations, a #7 seed translates to a record of about 26-7 and a national rank of about 15-20 or so. A number 4 or 5 seed is not really attainable unless UConn wins all of its out of conference games. Remember the 2014 national champs had the same #7 seed.

Need I remind everyone that the AAC teams sucked donkey balls in the NCAA tournament, all of them going out in the first round except UConn which managed to make the second round before getting blasted by Kansas. The conference has to do better than this to get better seeds.

When you consider that seeding is deflated due to conference affiliations ......
Need I remind everyone that the AAC teams sucked donkey balls in the NCAA tournament, all of them going out in the first round except UConn which managed to make the second round before getting blasted by Kansas. The conference has to do better than this to get better seeds.

Yep your right KSTW and why would Uconn basketball ( Men's or Women's) ever want to leave the American for a P-5 ????....;)

Blades,

All that we can do at the moment is hope the AAC can do better. I choose to live in reality and not Alice in Wonderland where you wait for a invite from P5 that may never happen and may not be the panacea everyone thinks if it does. I think the AAC can do better and it will have to do better, obviously. And UConn can be a part of the elevation of this conference.

KSTW...it was just a joke, don't get so excited ....I get it...you continue to rail against Uconn ever moving out of the AAC with statements against it.... While every President and AD with a pulse in this conference is spending huge $$$ on their programs, their profile and marketing theirselves to get out...Or even offering up huge corporate support( like Memphis has FedEx money for the Big 12 ) behind them....If you think that kind of work from the top of all these AAC schools regarding CR and getting out is just some fairy tale..... maybe you ought to sit the conference realignment thing out champ... or just keep your head in the sand. ... in the mean time just keeping talking out of both sides of our your mouth where you say how much the AAC hoops suck donkey balls and how much your willing accept those balls in a nurturing way and do nothing....HA HA !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
UH oh....don't look now...just saw this from CBS.... could the American get gutted ?.....what's in it for the rest of the Big 12 besides some stability?

Big 12 could earn an additional $1 billion through expansion

" Big 12 administrators will be presented with information this week at the league's spring meetings that expansion could earn the conference at least an additional $1 billion over the length of its remaining TV rights contract, CBS Sports has learned. If the league expands by four teams, provisions in its contracts with ESPN and Fox provide money for that benchmark.

Those rightsholders are contractually bound to provide "pro rata" for any new Big 12 members. That is, any new members would be paid an equal share of the current Big 12 members -- approximately $23 million per year. While on its face that doesn't necessarily help the 10 current members of the Big 12, opening the existing contract would allow for a negotiation beyond that $1 billion figure. Most importantly, it would satisfy one of the conference's key concerns: Falling behind the other Power Five conferences in revenue."

Last edited:
Blades you are holding your breath waiting for a P5 invite to drop out of the sky. I prefer not to hold my breath because if I do I will eventually choke and die. If the magic saucer appears, great, but meantime we gotta make the best of the current situation and that means not constantly defaming the only conference that you are in at the moment. I said the AAC sucked donkey balls in last year's NCAA tournament because that is a fact, unfortunately.

Blades you are holding your breath waiting for a P5 invite to drop out of the sky. I prefer not to hold my breath because if I do I will eventually choke and die. If the magic saucer appears, great, but meantime we gotta make the best of the current situation and that means not constantly defaming the only conference that you are in at the moment. I said the AAC sucked donkey balls in last year's NCAA tournament because that is a fact, unfortunately.

KSTW, I'm not holding my breath..I just actually read other places besides the Uconn Report regarding CR ..but I'm glad your finally come over to reality that a P-5 invite wouldn't be a bad thing, especially when Cincy, Memphis, etc are spending bigtime and speaking publicly about running out the AAC door...I worry more about some of those schools presidents "defaming" the AAC with those actions than anything that we discuss.... I also don't think Herbst or the AD Benedict are holding their breath over the invite, but there is a reality of things that do get discussed so I agree with this approach:

NBC Connecticut's Kevin Nathan & Dave Benedict

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT