ADVERTISEMENT

UCF

Thanks...honestly not even trying to talk garbage cbs app automatically filters out games not involving top 25. Just had to look

It's on CBS Sports Network. I am watching the game and the announcers are getting on Vital for looking at someone every time he sinks a 3.

It was like a good HS JV game, but a win is a win. Whaley is fun to watch.

Don't scare him away with your creepy mustache, coach.

Somehow Johnny Dawkins has this untalented group 12-5. I'd give him an interview this spring.

Isaiah Whaley is definitely a poor man’s Dennis Rodman and Antoine Anderson is a poor man’s Craig Austrie.

We can’t all be rich men.

It was like a good HS JV game, but a win is a win. Whaley is fun to watch.
Don't scare him away with your creepy mustache, coach.
Somehow Johnny Dawkins has this untalented group 12-5. I'd give him an interview this spring.

According to sources, I guess Rutgers was worried about their HC getting that interview and leaving too:

NJ.com - Steve Pikiell signs extension to remain Rutgers basketball coach, sources say

"In Pikiell's case, there already has been speculation in corners of the basketball world that he would be an attractive option for his alma mater, Connecticut, if Kevin Ollie is fired. Ollie coached UConn to the 2014 national title but the Huskies are just 8-7 this season and in danger of missing the NCAA Tournament for the third time in four years out of the middling American Athletic Conference. Pikiell is a favorite son of UConn coaching legend Jim Calhoun. "

PIkiell absolutely deserves that extension based on how his team has performed. They are among the national leaders in offensive rebounding, turnover margin and FG% defense. He is demonstrating Calhoun-like qualities in how he has gotten that team to play.

Rutgers is an interesting team, loses to Stony Brook and Hartford but wins over Seton Hall and Wisconsin. Close game AT Michigan State as well.

How could they lose to Hartford. WTF!?
Yeah, they're head shakers. But when you're building from scratch, these things happen. Like the early Husky teams under HCJC, Rutgers is not a good offensive team, and sometimes it catches up with them. Wonder what his buyout is at RU....does anyone know?

Yeah, they're head shakers. But when you're building from scratch, these things happen. Like the early Husky teams under HCJC, Rutgers is not a good offensive team, and sometimes it catches up with them. Wonder what his buyout is at RU....does anyone know?
Pikiell just signed a new contract this week. Buyout is $5 million and the average annual salary is about $3 million (slightly less than Ollie's). With those numbers I think you can take him off the list as Ollie's potential successor.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-steve-pikiell-gets-3-year-contract-extension

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball..._contract_details_for_rutgers_coach_st_1.html

I think UConn matches up pretty well with UCF (or at least the team UCF was able to put on the floor on Wednesday). UConn has been defending the paint pretty well lately, and generating turnovers when the ball is forced into traffic. What they haven’t been able to defend is the perimeter, and if the ball is passed around quickly and accurately enough, there is always an open shooter. Fortunately for UConn, UCF doesn’t shoot well, and their guards don’t penetrate, so they played right into UConn’s hands. CaNOLEE called UCF “untalented”, and he’s probably right. The fact that UCF wasn’t even in the bonus at the end of the game, and couldn’t get to the foul line shows how little offensive pressure they put on UConn. Both teams play ugly - UConn just did it better on Wednesday.

Reactions: the Blades
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT