ADVERTISEMENT

UCF

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
The line on this game is even. BTW UCF is #1 in the nation in FG defense % holding opponents to 32%. Much of that is 7'6" Tacko Fall. This will be a tough game.

Good dominating win from start to finish!! Keep grinding and getting guys like Vance And Durham among the other younger guys more and more comfortable!

Tacko Fall who came into the game leading the nation with 80% FG held to 0 points and 3 boards.......UConn shot 47.4% FGs against the team leading the nation in FG defense % with 32%

Not sure on why Enoch didn't play possibly a illness... but didn't need him for a second which was good for Durham to get out there more.

Enoch did play 3 minutes and racked up 2 fouls and 1 rebound in those 3 minutes. WTF up with this dude.??? Should he really be a 2 ppg 2 rpg player? I look at him and I see a stud body but he sure as hell does not have a stud game.

Not trying to excuse but because he's a sophomore it's easy to forget he's still the youngest kid on the team. It might take him a while.

Jackson showing he can pass and put it on the floor a little. Encouraging.
Just got back from the XL... More composure for a sustained time and best BB IQ that this team has shown all year, Jalen got a little sloppy with TO's but a few of them were "good" TO's, looking to make a play to his team mates. Also thought Facey set the pace with his two nice passes right at the start out of his post, one to Brimah for the slam and one outside for a 3. Been looking for this all year... guys making plays and the extra pass to each other and less prayers and forced shots. I've noticed a little from Vance too in the BB IQ/ playmaking part of his game that might be there, which would be a big help......but overall a big step in the right direction...Also they finally got lapped by someone else in the TO dept 14-11 and the extra ball movement was a big factor in FG% ( 47%)..Was the first time since UNF they bested someone in all 3 categories in a game... FT% too (UCF was terrible) and had less TO's ( also no TO's from Rodney, miracles will never cease ! )

Numbers: UCF Box score

Last edited:
Blades, you were the guy at the game. What did they announce the crowd as? 84? :) Let's say it was due to inclement weather.

Blades, you were the guy at the game. What did they announce the crowd as? 84? :) Let's say it was due to inclement weather.
I'm there every game, but I think there was a lot of no shows (alot of NFL fans didn't show or were watching the Giants in the Fanzone bar) by the way seats were filled. The 8163 seemed like true total, not a distributed amount, there was a decent amount of peeps in the upper ring ( 200 sec's)...

Last edited:
Do you feel silly or no?

I do not Andersofro

The fact that you are so excited coming off a home win over UCF, pushing UCONN to 1-3 in the pitiful AAC, shows how pathetic your Ollie loyality has become.

Has the program fallen so far that you come on an internet message board and celebrate a win over the University of Central Florida at home in basketball???????????

you are EXACTLY the problem with this program.............."fans" that will accept mediocre garbage performance

In the glory days, this was a top 10 program playing for a 1 seed. Positioning itself for the final four and national championships....................Now, losers trolling the internet to celebrate home wins over UCF

I think I speak for many when I say............................................................GO AWAY KO LACKEY

Last edited:
I'm there every game, but I think there was a lot of no shows (alot of NFL fans didn't show or were watching the Giants in the Fanzone bar) by the way seats were filled. The 8163 seemed like true total, not a distributed amount, there was a decent amount of peeps in the upper ring ( 200 sec's)...

The attendance is EXACTLY why KO will be KO'd
NO ONE CARES about UCONN MENS basketball right now (that is a generalization but its true)
Even the folks that trekked to Hartford for this travesty didnt want to watch the game

Think those people will pony up when faced with a ticket purchase against NFL football playoffs next year?.............or the year after.............? or the year after.............?

FIRE KEVIN FOLLIE NOW

Attendance ? Already covered this awhile back Calhoun, come up with your own material !!!

also no TO's from Rodney, miracles will never cease

I was thinking that Rodney was really due for a good game and he had one. Reminds me when AJ Burnett was pitching for the Yankees and he was really terrible for like 6 starts in a row and I was wondering if he would be yanked from the rotation and then they had a huge game against the Red Sox and he had a 2 hit shutout for 7 innings. His stats and history said he couldn't be this bad....same with Rodney, he is not a career 2.6 TO per game player or 28% FG shooter.......now put a few more good games together and we are back in business.

. stats and history said he couldn't be this bad....same with Rodney, he is not a career 2.6 TO per game player or 28% FG shooter.......

No I think Rodney on the move ( ie. when he dribbles ) is about right where he should be for his career with that shooting % and his TO's would be worse...So if we can just
get him to play D and stop doing anything that looks like more than a than a stand still jumper.....Uconn should be in business with Mr. Purvis...it's just getting him to understand that.....;)

I .same with Rodney, he is not a career 2.6 TO per game player or 28% FG shooter.......now put a few more good games together and we are back in business.

God bless you guys...............the glass is always half full
I guess I'll always be a business man, not much of that going on in CT so this might fall on deaf ears

Rodney Purvis is a horrendous basketball player
The only way UCONN is "back in business" this year is with another 4 win run the 2nd week of March, and then a miracle run in the NCAA

You have a better chance of driving an actual Ferrari than Rodney Purvis does turning into the Ferrari Kevin Follie cant drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps I am the only one that wont accept this

184 Connecticut (4-9) - this is our PATHETIC RPI as of today, January 8th 2017
This stinkfest of a win in front of 2,000 losers that have nothing better to do on a Sunday evening may push us into the top 170.....................................to quote John McClain YIPEEEEEE KAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Unfortunately with Gilbert out and Vital not an experienced or safe ballhandler, Rodney does have to handle the ball some, but I think the trick is to try and get him to think dribble-pass and not dribble-drive or dribble-score, and to focus on using the dribble only to set up a pass not a drive or score, and then to move around without the ball and get in positions where he can receive the ball for the catch and shoot.

I do not Andersofro

The fact that you are so excited coming off a home win over UCF, pushing UCONN to 1-3 in the pitiful AAC, shows how pathetic your Ollie loyality has become.

Has the program fallen so far that you come on an internet message board and celebrate a win over the University of Central Florida at home in basketball???????????

you are EXACTLY the problem with this program.............."fans" that will accept mediocre garbage performance

In the glory days, this was a top 10 program playing for a 1 seed. Positioning itself for the final four and national championships....................Now, losers trolling the internet to celebrate home wins over UCF

I think I speak for many when I say............................................................GO AWAY KO LACKEY

Maybe next time!

The attendance is EXACTLY why KO will be KO'd
NO ONE CARES about UCONN MENS basketball right now (that is a generalization but its true)
Even the folks that trekked to Hartford for this travesty didnt want to watch the game

Think those people will pony up when faced with a ticket purchase against NFL football playoffs next year?.............or the year after.............? or the year after.............?

FIRE KEVIN FOLLIE NOW
17 points, 3 for 7 from deep No turnovers.

Turrble...jus tuuuuurrrrble

Lol

Sorry you didn't enjoy the game

Unfortunately with Gilbert out and Vital not an experienced or safe ballhandler, Rodney does have to handle the ball some, but I think the trick is to try and get him to think dribble-pass and not dribble-drive or dribble-score, and to focus on using the dribble only to set up a pass not a drive or score, and then to move around without the ball and get in positions where he can receive the ball for the catch and shoot.

I hear ya Sarcasm...sarcasm KSTW, Rodney's playing the wrong sport he should of played FB, LOL! of course he has to dribble and like we've both said a million times if he hasn't learned by now in 5 years of college......but miracles ....maybe in the next life, LOL ! .....the way this season has been going all I can do is laugh !

I agree that football may have been a better sport for Rodney. He could have been a pass rushing DE, our football team certainly could have used one.

Reactions: the Blades
I was thinking that Rodney was really due for a good game and he had one. Reminds me when AJ Burnett was pitching for the Yankees and he was really terrible for like 6 starts in a row and I was wondering if he would be yanked from the rotation and then they had a huge game against the Red Sox and he had a 2 hit shutout for 7 innings. His stats and history said he couldn't be this bad....same with Rodney, he is not a career 2.6 TO per game player or 28% FG shooter.......now put a few more good games together and we are back in business.

I just had a chance to watch the game, which I recorded (it's a pain trying not to hear the score before I get to watch the game). It's amazing how different things look, and how many other deficiencies are disguised when the shots start falling. The turnovers and fouls just don't matter as much. Also, build a lead, and it doesn't matter if the team wears down a bit at the end. Now the question is if this is the real UConn team going forward, or if it's just a mirage.

KSTW - you must have a totally different recollection of Burnett as a Yankee than what I have. He was horrible all around, especially against the Red Sox. That was a surprise at the time, because he had been so successful against them when he was with the Jays. He never came close as a Yankee to playing up to the back of his baseball card.

I do not Andersofro

You definitely do not speak for me. I wish that you would go away.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT