ADVERTISEMENT

ucf

mcgoo369

Jan 9, 2010
Really good game from Hamilton. Anyone explain to me why he didn't play Calhoun most of the second half and the last 8 or so minutes of the first. Facey should shoot a bit more to keep other team honest. Please never let me see lubin Nolan Cassell Samuel on the floor ttogether ever again.

I listened to the game on the radio and from what I could from Joe was that Omar, like usual, was bad on defense tonight.

Omar is now starting over Purvis, and when you trade those two you lose something on D when Purvis is not in the game.

Bench production last night was 8 points by Purvis and 1 point and 1 board by Nolan in 15 minutes. Those are basically his season averages - 1 and 1.

I didn't really notice much of a difference on d last night when anyone else was playing the 2. Couldn't have been to terrible since omar started the huge run

The problem with Omar and then Purvis is inconsistency. Omar started out great with the 3's... had his first dunk in about 2
years,...then he slacks off on D, let's his man go right around him on several occasions. Add a forced end to end play on
a 1 against 3 with his terrible handle, while his team mates are trailing, ending in an out of control shot. Which lead to a
quick rebound by UCF and a full court pass for a lay-up, giving points right back to UCF. I looked at KO and he had enough.

Then Purvis comes in and he plays better D, makes some steals, but he makes terrible decisions and bonehead
plays on offense. Samuels the 3rd choice gives Boat a break off the ball on offense with a better handle than either Omar or
Purvis, normally makes better decisions with the ball and plays solid D but he can't shoot. Or Cassel who has the head for
the game but lacks the athletic ability and struggles on D. It's like a bunch of guys who are half a player.

I don't see this problem going away, Boat has no 2 guard to complement him who is a complete, high IQ player that will just
play consistently within their own limits. Coach Miller was talking about the 18 point lead post game and them still keeping
up the intensity and killer instinct to put away their opponents.....it's like as soon as they have a good run.... certain guys
start throwing up an amazing amount of BS or rushed shots, don't run offense or slack on D, because their ahead. They
do this 5-6 trips in a row and suddenly the lead is gone and it's a 6 point game. This has been a theme since the exhibition
games, UCF should have loss by 20 points, but then the self inflicted crew does just enough to keep both teams in the
game...and don't forget the terrible FT shooting again ( lead by Purvis who shoots volume but is at 48% this year !)

Luckily Hamilton ( 7 ast-no TO's..who continues to be a rebounding machine at the 3 ) and Boat ( 7 ast) where able to get
the ball away from Purvis or Calhoun just enough at key times in the 2nd half... before they gave the lead away completely.
This post was edited on 1/23 11:38 AM by the Blades

A little disappointed with this game being that we were on fire from 3 with 10 first half treys yet only held a 6 point halftime lead...that's unacceptable. We had them on the ropes down 18 at one point and then our defense got lax.

We are a team that's starved for a win coming back to Gampel against an inferior opponent who had on the verge of tapping out yet we let our foot off their throats. Heck they were even within 5 at the end of the game.

A win is a win but man this should have been a blowout by all accounts.

Agree with Silk

Lousy, thoughtless, lack of effort fouls are going to kill us....or end our season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT