ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane ???

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Why again did Aresco bring a school like Tulane into this conference ? I was just looking at what a hot ticket
Tulane basketball has become since they left Conference USA to play in the AAC this year. They have really
ignited the fan base for hoops down there in New Orleans. So fare they have drawn 3,672 fans to their 3,600
seat Highschool gym (Devlin Fieldhouse) Oh. I forgot to mention that's in 4 games for a lofty average of 918 fans a game.

Could Aresco have botched conference realignment anymore with this add ? Marshall, who is by no means a
powerhouse athletic program, is still sitting in CUSA with a top 25 Football team( lost their first game of the season
today) and they have a hoops building that holds over 9,000 (with a 5100 fan average in 4 games)plus a FB stadium
that holds 10,000 more than Tulane..I know Aresco was grabbing for scraps with FB teams but why ??? who paid this
guy off from that school ? What was the logic ?

Reading this article Addition of Tulane Doesn't Make It a Mid-Major Yet on it's 2 year anniversary means that
the day has come and reality has finally set in....but the real question is WHY TULANE ??? especially when Tulane
adds nothing to this conference and it was the straw that finally broke the Big East's back: Big East split talks
This post was edited on 11/28 10:38 PM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT