ADVERTISEMENT

This game is too painful to watch!

victorio1234

Mar 7, 2010
I for one can't wait for next year. Not sure if there's any hope for post season (NIT) this year, but I love these guys!! Cinci seems to be where every rebound falls and are putting it back in the hoop with impunity. The Huskies are fighting their hearts out, but lady luck is not in Storrs today!! Here's to hoping some adjustments from coaching staff for 2nd half can make the game enjoyable and respectable!

It's just classic UConn-Cinci, the part that sucks is UConn's overmatched and undermanned...

It was actually the first game I turned off this year. It was like watching my sister's dog in the final days before she died. Limping around and in obvious pain, that dog. I could see Jalen wasn't right and Was limping and in pain. When you have the majority of shots being taken by Purvis and Facey and Brimah, none of whom are efficient offensive players, it's a recipe for a loss.

I hope we never see a season like this again. It's going to likely end UConn's run of postseason tournaments and winning seasons which I think is 31. Next year can't be like this. UConn players please look at the teams that came before you and do better and work harder to keep yourselves in the best condition to succeed next year.

Last edited:
I tried to turn the game off, but no matter how much I tried, I kept turning it back on. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment? Everytime my prick a finger the blood comes out blue!! Maybe the basketball Gods will give us a little bit of luck next year??

Never thought the day would come where I would look forward to the season being over but this year was rough. I was born in 93 so I haven't been watching UCONN games for as long as most of you but this team was by far the worst UCONN team I've ever seen and I'm not ready to give up on Olllie yet but I'm also ready to get back to where we used to be. Here's to a rough AAC tournament run.

12rtackerman12,

I have been watching UConn since late 1970s and yes this was the worst UConn team in your lifetime (primarily due to injuries but also having talent limitations), the worst since I have been watching was Calhoun's first team which lost Robinson and Gamble (as Blades already mentioned) and featured Greg Economou, a walk on, as a starting guard and Gerry Besselink as a starting center. Gerry actually might have gotten some minutes for this team at the 4. That first Calhoun team lost to the University of Hartford. It was a very depleted roster after Robinson and Gamble, the two best players, were lost. This team had a better talent reserve of the 7-8 guys left but still since 1993, they are the worst, followed by the 06-07 team which was mainly just young.

Nice turnout for SR day, looked almost full..... but Ollie has created something that I never thought I'd see from a Uconn BB team (that our 2 fired coaches did in FB), a mass exodus of fans and a half empty arena with almost a quarter of the game to go...I never leave early as a season Tix holder since Gampel opened, but I had to get out of there with over 4 mins left.

Last edited:
Very sad times to be a Husky fan. First losing season in 30 years is just hard to comprehend and something we are not accustomed to. There are a plethora of reasons the season went the way it did but we have to have hope for next year. With all the right pieces in place, we need to re-establish what UConn basketball is and create an identity. Leadership seemed to be lacking and confidence just wavered way too much to mentally stay in games. The way the season started, it just sent shockwaves through the team and the fans wondering how does this all get fixed. We have had stretches in multiple games (@Ohio State, @Georgetown, Auburn, @Tulsa, @Houston; not to mention losing to Wagner and Northeastern) where a few possessions can change the outcome.

It was very disappointing to say the least, but next year will be a very eye opening experience for Kevin Ollie and the fan base. With all the pieces coming back healthy and with the development of Vance and Christian, we will most certainly be in a better place next year. Let's just hope they can show some fight in the conference tournament and see how far they can go.

As a UConn alum, lifelong fan and supporter, I will never give up on this team and continue to hope for the best.

Nice turnout for SR day, looked almost full..... but Ollie has created something that I never thought I'd see from a Uconn BB team (that our 2 fired coaches did in FB), a mass exodus of fans and a half empty arena with almost a quarter of the game to go...I never leave early as a season Tix holder since Gampel opened, but I had to get out of there with over 4 mins left.
On sr night.
Good job beating the traffic

I'm the moron who had to sit in that horrible traffic because I didn't leave early I'm saying great job getting out of there on senior night it's great that you showed them your back like a true fan with places to be

I'm the moron
You could have stopped at that and we would've agreed...... LOL! just playin'......but atta boy trooper, thanks for your support of Uconn basketball.
...PS: how'd ya like the halftime show ?

Last edited:
There is sometimes in sports a fine line between winning and losing which one season and one player can change. There are many examples of one year instant turnarounds, where a team had a close to .500 record and won 25-30 games the next year. That has to happen here. Another season like the last 3 of middle of the lower tier of the AAC isn't going to cut it. As was mentioned there were many reasons and excuses for poor performance this season but next year has to be a complete turnaround. Anything less is not acceptable.

Reactions: the Blades
i disagree I think you've got to give it 2 at least .

We still haven't seen a single KO team on the floor free of JC's sanctions. Next year will be the first year we see a KO recruited upperclassmen and that team won't have a senior.

I expect a huge turnaround next year, I don't expect KO's job depends on it

There is sometimes in sports a fine line between winning and losing which one season and one player can change. There are many examples of one year instant turnarounds, where a team had a close to .500 record and won 25-30 games the next year. That has to happen here. Another season like the last 3 of middle of the lower tier of the AAC isn't going to cut it. As was mentioned there were many reasons and excuses for poor performance this season but next year has to be a complete turnaround. Anything less is not acceptable.
And sometimes you get an on court addition by subtraction in leadership...see Dyson the erratic ball hog out and Kemba a true leader in....KO's still gonna have to do something besides bringing in these anorexic stretch 4's. He's gotta find someone next year who can power it up on the boards and slam it down the throat of these teams that keep stealing his lunch money...grad transfer, juco ???.... it looks like he has no highly rated bigs anywhere in his sight for 2017's. He didn't know he was losing Facey and Brimah ?.....Still hoping on Enoch because he's young (for his class) but the clock is ticking (JR next year) so who knows, after him just alot more ????....so where's da' beef and who's gonna board KO ???...Hope he is drivin' after the sh%t storm season he just delivered and shocks us...I'd even take another guy like Shonn Miller for next year...

Last edited:
Blades I agree. While Larrier might be able to play the 4 some I don't see rebounds and shot blocking and great rim protection. Durham might also be an option but he isn't ready right now.

Another losing season is not acceptable period and end of story. But I believe addition by subtraction will be a positive as Purvis, Facey and Brimah were not efficient players on O and Brimah also had his lunch eaten inside by Cincy Bigs. All 3 of those guys had disappointing careers.

Reactions: the Blades
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT