ADVERTISEMENT

Storrs Town Center

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Hello to everyone,

I am in Storrs for the game today. OMG there is a new game plan for game days in Storrs. You have to go to the Storrs Town Center- it's like an entire city has been built on Rt. 195 on East Campus right near where I lived when I was at UConn:

http://www.storrscenter.com/

There is a large parking garage here, public parking max $8 for the day. So I dumped the car here and will walk to Gampel later. Right now I am having a delicious cup of coffee at Le Petite Marche Cafe. Geno's Grille is where I will be headed for lunch and it's directly across the street. I will lunch on Geno's Meatballs and Geno and Kathy's salad and then head over for the game!

I brought my six-year-old daughter this summer up to visit uconn and it was the first time I've been up there for probably 10 years it is amazing

Hello to everyone,

I am in Storrs for the game today. OMG there is a new game plan for game days in Storrs. You have to go to the Storrs Town Center- it's like an entire city has been built on Rt. 195 on East Campus right near where I lived when I was at UConn:

http://www.storrscenter.com/

There is a large parking garage here, public parking max $8 for the day. So I dumped the car here and will walk to Gampel later. Right now I am having a delicious cup of coffee at Le Petite Marche Cafe. Geno's Grille is where I will be headed for lunch and it's directly across the street. I will lunch on Geno's Meatballs and Geno and Kathy's salad and then head over for the game!

Just a head's up, I've been going to Storrs Center before games for a few years now, it looks like they are done with the final phase(s), there is free parking in the back
behind Husky Pizza,
FYI in the future. There's also a few other free spots closer to Gampel, for the games, but I don't want to blow em' up.. so I'll let you find them on your own ;)...

Just a head's up, I've been going to Storrs Center before games for a few years now, it looks like they are done with the final phase(s), there is free parking in the back
behind Husky Pizza,
FYI in the future. There's also a few other free spots closer to Gampel, for the games, but I don't want to blow em' up.. so I'll let you find them on your own ;)...

Blades,

Before parking my car, I drove it through the various lots behind these buildings and I saw reserved parking signs everywhere. I thought the Husky Pizza lot was one but I could be mistaken. I went into the lot behind Storrs Automotive and saw signs all over for their customers only and then the adjacent lot is a permit required lot. So not totally sure if that lot you refer to is still a freebie.

I only paid $4 at the public parking garage at Storrs Center, and I was parked from around 10 am until around 4 pm. There is a machine which enables you to pay your ticket on the ground level entrance to this garage. Strangely it rejected my Mastercard but then accepted my Visa Card for payment. You can also pay by cash at the machine. The ticket is then validated and you can then insert it at the exit and the gate will lift.

A few other notes: I went into another pizza placed called Blaze which was making small 12" personal pizzas to order from numerous fresh ingredients and it looked pretty good. I also saw a burger place called Mooyah and a sushi restaurant called Love Art Sushi. I will try these places on future trips. Dog Lane Cafe looks particularly popular if one is just in the mood for a sandwich. I settled on Geno's Grille because I was in the mood for meatballs.

Last edited:
Blades,

Before parking my car, I drove it through the various lots behind these buildings and I saw reserved parking signs everywhere. I thought the Husky Pizza lot was one but I could be mistaken. I went into the lot behind Storrs Automotive and saw signs all over for their customers only and then the adjacent lot is a permit required lot. So not totally sure if that lot you refer to is still a freebie.

Yeah there are some reserved spots in that lot, but I park there all the time, sometimes you have to park more in the back, I was at that lot yesterday, been there for a bunch of soccer games earlier this semester when I shop / dine at Storrs Center but then I leave and always park closer to Jim Calhoun Way, whenever I go to a game ( hoops, soccer, baseball, etc)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT