ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford thread

Dominicfrank

Aug 28, 2004
Game time baby!!!!!!

you heard it here first, Nolan hit most of his warm up shots.......

watching this.......team is not a team. No energy for each other just going through the motions.

even Ollie just sitting there.......this isn't uconn basketball at all.

Calhoun three was very telling. I dont think he can make a shot that is contested, that guy flew at him and instead of more arc he airmails it.

Nolan with huge charge the crowd still doesn't like

Purvis with great minutes then about 3 dumb ass minutes. Any chance Nolan graduates early please. Stupid turnovers killing us

Gotta love some home cooking...Uconn can't buy a call even when they're gettin' held, but these refs go to
work right away with touch calls on Brimah and the rest... nice FT adv....8 Stanford to zero attempts for Uconn..........
and that running out of bounds w/o the ball that they called on Uconn takes alot off work for a ref to call....
I've seen it....never........ in decades of watching the game ....WTF

3 pt shooting good so far... Cassell 2-3 on FG's( 3's) and zero TO's a plus....Purvis looked like he calmed down on the
TO's coming off the bench until the last couple minutes then went psycho again...and will Omar stop trying to dribble
and pass the ball at the same time....don't let the start go to your head.....you can't do both at the same time... WTF....
short line-up with all the fouls was killin them on the boards.....

I settle for less TO's and less home cookin' from these refs in the 2nd half

This post was edited on 1/17 10:46 PM by the Blades

guys......brimah is a liability on both ends. Any 5 worth their salt takes him out of the game like today.

boat starting to heat up, great drive by Calhoun

Can't win if those threes keep falling for Stanford. We are playing hard which is all you can ask for. Refs seem hell bent on letting boat get hammered while tick tax $hit on the other end.

good game if we keep it close and they miss some of these threes.

Brimah is way better then anything else we have. To say brimah hasn't improved over last year is crazy. Kid kinda gets a pass from me being so new to the game.

Hard to even complain about the calls anymore. For boat to be on the wooden list and continue to get no calls every game is just ludicrous

Hamilton continues with his end to end head down drives and missing over and over....1-7 so far STOP !

Wow wide open 3 and they wanna look at the clock. How the hell can you not see taht

F#cken refs ... stop the game when Uconn has a wide open 3 with clock mistake that didn't happen
......Boat gettin hit over and over...no call ...west coast screwin' !!!

Calhoun should never dribble again...he's the worse ...despite getting killed on his last drive with yes ....NO F#CKIN CALL !
...ah yes and there's a touch call by these douchebag refs on Boat....right on cue !

This post was edited on 1/17 11:01 PM by the Blades

Nastic reminds me of another bruiser who played for Stanford about 15 years ago- Mark Madsen. They called Madsen Mad Dog. Nastic plays the same way. He is not taking any prisoners out there and you have to admire that.

And 1 haha. Suck on that refs. Don't think the d has been that bad. But I'm pretty sure the boxing out has been. Some of it is the 4 guard d with facey at center

Nastic is tough, nice shoves in the back, elbows for position, but the stringbean Brimah even breathes on him and it's
a foul on him and he's the guy who fouls out ...if their gonna let BS go on ... let them play ! But that's the least of Uconn's
problems..because was there ever a worse 6-10 guy off the the bench for Uconn than Nolan... he can't score from a foot away....
Antric Klaiber ???

This post was edited on 1/17 11:16 PM by the Blades

Refs were downright pitiful tonight. You know it's bad when the announcers are even laying into them. Refs get so whistle happy on Brimah it's getting ridiculous.

JC would have been tossed out of that game, KO didn't even get a T...that game deserved a T, I'm sorry.

Ref bitching aside, you don't win by getting crushed on the boards and with our best players putting forth his 2nd straight dud. It's a lack of effort and focus when you consistently don't box out and get beat to loose rebounds.

We are used to maximizing talent and effort at UConn and this year's team is falling way short on that. We aren't the most talented UConn team in recent memory but we certainly have no excuse to be 9-7 and staring a a date with the NIT square in the face

Originally posted by Silk31:

JC would have been tossed out of that game, KO didn't even get a T...that game deserved a T, I'm sorry.
Agree Silk 100 % ...you can't just sit there all game like he's been doin'...

25 minutes ago
" Think about this. Stanford took 59 shots and attempted 23 FTs. UConn took 55 shots and attempted 5 FTs.

Ball game is right there.......5 FTs for Uconn? How is that possible? "
This post was edited on 1/18 5:50 AM by the Blades

Dom and I were there live. Was not our finest moment. Saw lots of things that were bad. The Basketball wasn't even the worst thing I saw. Boat was a mess as a leader. KO really didn't do much. Team looks lost. Really looks like they are on the edge of packing it in. Hopefully they can rally a little.

Originally posted by the Blades:
was there ever a worse 6-10 guy off the the bench for Uconn than Nolan... he can't score from a foot away....
Antric Klaiber ???

This post was edited on 1/17 11:16 PM by the Blades
Klaiber was similar to Nolan but I don't remember Klaiber getting his shot blocked quite as much as Nolan does. Did you see the play where Nastic blocked Nolan's 1 foot layup attempt and then wagged his finger, Mutombo style. saying "get that sorry ass shit outta here!!!!" I kind of like the way Nastic plays. You win with guys like that. The only guy UConn had to match up with Nastic is Lubin.

UConn totally lost the game because of how they were pounded on the boards. The rebounding was a severe issue in this game and UConn does not have the necessary physicality inside to respond to a team like that. Stanford was getting a lot of calls but they were the more aggressive team and some of the calls they got are calls that teams get when they are playing hard.

Uunfortunately it is almost certainly win the AAC Tournament or NIT, here we come, for UConn.

Speaking of Lubin and the rebounding ...was he in the doghouse again ???? the rebounding was horrible,
but with Brimah getting a foul every time he breathed on the aggressor and only playing 9 minutes (WTF !)
and Nolan absolutely useless, where was Lubin in this game ??? Uconn was playing with 4 guards and Facey
for long stretches..a vertically challenged 6-5 Calhoun at the 4 ? ...no wonder they were getting killed on the boards...
so I wonder what the deal was with Lubin ???

This post was edited on 1/18 10:21 AM by the Blades

Originally posted by the Blades:
where was Lubin in this game ???
so I wonder what the deal was with Lubin ???

This post was edited on 1/18 10:21 AM by the Blades
This is exactly what I was wondering as I watched Nastic manhandle Brimah down low, at one point gorilla-arming Brimah with one arm while shooting with the other.......................

This post was edited on 1/18 10:28 AM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Lubin was spotted on the be ch and did not appear to be in uniform. I haven't heard any word on whatexactly happened with that. Nolan really is embarassing out there and I dont know why Ollie keeps trotting him out there. He has got to be the softest big man in D1 right now

Man what a busy weekend and still going. But had a chance to watch and re watch the game earlier today and I thought fight and energy was there from most! Refs were bad but not necessarily the reason we lost. Rebounding is bad. Not sure why Lubin was not out there for even a minute or two as Nolan did his usual nothing. My guess is did not practice hard enough the last few days leading up to the game so

Hey my man how did you enjoy SF and the area?

Hopefully that was fun. I know the game sucked and personally I would not have enjoyed the trip but hopefully you did

Kidding. I actually had a great time. SF was great. Stanford was beautiful. Meeting Dominick was cool. Good memories. Watching boat quit playing at the end was dissapointing....yes, that's what I think he did. Can't say I blame him though.

I actually feel bad for boat. He really wants to lead this team to greatness, but the team and boat are both proving not to be good enough. I suspect his world is collapsing at the moment. It will get better for boat, but at the moment it's not so great.

Yea he just has not looked right the last two games now and ofcourse Losses are the outcome of that play. Seems like he starting to lack confidence in his teammates and that is not good. Well here is to winning the AAC. Maybe.

Glad you had a good time though! Yea Dom was textin me while I was at a wedding. He said Boats family was right near you all but then later moved closer or...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT