ADVERTISEMENT

SMU

Omar is terrible again. And how can Purvis not no where he is on the court. Once a game he steps out of bounds

The fix is in fellas. You could see that from the pre-game show when one of the officials was giving Larry Brown a man crush hug! We have no chance of beating this team AND the officials.

I've never seen THE elite team in the sport the last 15 years get shit on by officials. Home and away. It definitely helps in march, because we are used to playing 5 on 8.

That being said, agree that Calhoun looks like last years version the last few games and Purvis has no court awareness whatsoever.

Hey SMU is known for cash in envelope's...These refs are on the take.....no review on Moore's elbow of Purvus...
clear as day ball was off Moore and a reverse call...WTF ! ...now Brimah is raked...no call....Uconn breathes on SMU
it's a call ...F#Ck these Refs !

There should be an NCAA investigation around the referees in this game. Oh wait, how can that happen before someone investigates the NCAA? What a Fing joke this has become in college sports. Not sure how much more of this obvious BS I can watch.

I love SMU's movin screens ever Fr*ckin trip but Brimah gets a nothin call to put him on the bench...it's like the
refs gave the 7 points and can't let Uconn get to close...
This post was edited on 2/15 7:23 AM by the Blades

Downright disgraceful officiating but the zebras aside, we suckkkkk

One of the worst teams and seasons I can recall. we are incapable of beating a good team and for those of us banking on winning the AAC, don't count on it. Playing in our backyard will mean nothing with this team that is utterly clueless vs good competition

TO's...TO's....TO's ...Good teams can overcome bad officiating...this team ain't good so you can't have both
especially when this Uconn's teams favorite stat is a TO !

SMU played great defense - which was the reason for the TOs. A lot of the TOs were forced. The SMU bigs are also very versatile, they could score, pass and run the floor. IMHO SMU is a very good team and they could do damage in the NCAA tournament.

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
SMU played great defense - which was the reason for the TOs. A lot of the TOs were forced.
True on the tough D and SMU is a much better team....but alot of the TO's were unforced, passing into the stands on
the break, Purvis's obligatory step out of bounds, Calhoun getting it stole any time he dribbles more than 2 bounces,
Nolan getting it taken right out of his hands because of no awareness...you know the usual suspects... and the
beat goes on...SMH !

As I said after Tulsa, Uconn needed a flawless game but you can't make that many mistakes and have atrocious
refs and expect to be in it with this team. Also how did KO find one of the worse FT shooting guards that Uconn's
ever had ? Besides his 1-9 on FG's stinker last night Purvis is now at 48% and heading towards the Drummond line,
not improving..I guess the 51% on FT's at NC St. wasn't a fluke !

This post was edited on 2/15 9:29 AM by the Blades

Originally posted by the Blades:
Purvis is now at 48% and heading towards the Drummond line,
not improving..I guess the 51% on FT's at NC St. wasn't a fluke !

This post was edited on 2/15 9:29 AM by the Blades
I didn't realize Purvis FT% had sunk that low. Honestly I don't recall any guard ever having that low of a FT% for UConn.

Speaking of Drummond, he is shooting 41% FTs for the season and 40% for his NBA career of just over 2.5 seasons. Just by contrast, Chris Dudley who is viewed as one of the all time worst FT shooters in NBA history shot 46% for his career.

The TOs were nothing new Khalid...this has been an ongoing issue all year round and one of the main reasons why we flat out stink. Facing any kind of pressure we turn it over consistently.

Some of these guys aren't natural PGs but tI don't care, they simply can't be this careless with the ball and KO being a former a PG that is alarming. We still can't break a press and that dates back to last year with Bazz and Boat.

Too many holes and not enough grit. Also how did KO once again not get T'd up??...I was losing my mind at some of the god awful calls and you know it's bad when the announcers are openly disagreeing with the calls. Are you as frustrated as us fans are KO?...if so show us some of that fire that you had on the sidelines a year ago. You should be trying to light a fire under your team any way you can at this point in this horrible season.

JC would not have taken this kind of season lying down like Ollie has. Not all the blame can fall on KO and the coaching staff but I find it annoying that it took them long enough to make any real changes to the lineups and rotations when the on court product simply was not working for the longest time

It didn't take long to see this was a GameDay fix. SMU looks like they will get out of the investigation because Larry Brown can't go down so it will get swept under the rug like the UNC and PennState scandals have been.

These refs were with out a doubt on the fix yesterday which makes me really doubt we ever have a chance.

Last years championship really was an against the odds run that really irked the NCAA. BAzz's comments probably pushed them over the edge which led to the player union talk and put Emmett in even worse light. I look back at the lack of respect our team gave Emmett on the stage (deserved) and he ran with it to make us hurt for at least one season. I can just hope that Adams is our next BAzz/Walker and can do something special to overcome what is being done to us. We have no shot of getting in a bigger conference which is another thing they are doing to us.

I'm sick to my stomach.

I was looking at the stats and SMU shot 23 FTs whereas UConn shot 20. That is not a huge disparity, quite frankly. The only stat I see where there was a great disparity is shooting. UConn shot 34% for the game and was consistent- under 40% both halves. SMU shot 48% for the game, which is about their season average.

While the foul shots taken and the # of fouls called on each team were not drastically different, it's more than just the quantity that needs to be considered. You have to look at when the fouls were called and what impact they had on the flow of the team and the game. A foul called against SMU with a 20 point lead does not equal the foul called against Hamilton during an obvious travel against his opponent a couple minutes into the game. UCONN came out hot and the refs needed to slow their momentum. As I said in an earlier post this was so one sided, as usual, against the Huskies.

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
I was looking at the stats and SMU shot 23 FTs whereas UConn shot 20. That is not a huge disparity, quite frankly. The only stat I see where there was a great disparity is shooting. UConn shot 34% for the game and was consistent- under 40% both halves. SMU shot 48% for the game, which is about their season average.
Understood Khalid, but did you watch the game?...it's not all in the numbers some of the calls were down right head scratching and horrible. The 4th foul against Brimah was a touch foul which should never everrrr be called at that juncture in the game. We had refs over ruling other refs who were out of position and had no jurisdiction to make that over rule.

Again, ESPN commentators were even pointing out the head scratching calls and if they are doing so then you know the zebras really were bad. We are bad enough in our own right and would have lost that game even if we had the benefit of the whistle but it only compounded the loss when we shot so poorly, turned the ball over and had to play against the refs as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT