ADVERTISEMENT

Shonn Miller will visit

He'd be a nice addition. 6'7 combo forward. It would allow you to bring Enoch along slowly.

1-Adams, Sam
2-Purvis, Cassell
3-Hamilton, Facey
4-Miller, Facey, Enoch
5-Brimah, Nolan

If Adams comes in ready to play, Purvis plays more consistently, Brimah adds a little strength and Hamilton turns into the next uconn superstar, we should be back in the thick of March next year.

What a weekend that will be Al Tarique and Miller committing!!

Is there any way they can hoist up the women's 2015 NCAA championship banner before these visits? The more banners up there the better!

We really need to close out on Miller. He would be what we were missing at PF last season. I'm not writing off Facey yet but he clearly wasn't as poised for as much of an improvement as many of us had envisioned.

The fact of the matter is that we still have 3 open schollies for next year and we need those to be filled and with guys who can actually contribute. Securing Miller would go a long way to strengthening our frontcourt which could potentially be Brimah, Enoch, Facey, Nolan and Miller. That should be more than serviceable.

I'm not sure what Mack is thinking at this point but if he is released then I'm sure KO will pursue him once again. If he really wants to follow Shaka to Texas it will be pretty evident and we won't put too much effort into re-recruiting him.

The Courant article mentioned that UConn is still on the Greek 7 footer and I saw him listed as a top 5 2016 NBA draft pick so this kid is no project. He could start right away if these scouting assessments are correct. Getting Miller and the Greek boy and a ball handling guard would be a wonderful way to use these 3 schollies.

He's an interesting case where he signed a contract but he has an out somehow to stay an amateur:

Papagiannis was playing last season for Westtown School in Pennsylvania and he is already mentioned as a possible lottery
pick in the 2016 NBA draft due to his combination of skills and height (2.17 m.). That's why in his contract there's also an opt
out clause for the summers of 2015 and 2016. Since he is underage, he can keep his amateur status and try playing in the
NCAA in the 2015-16 season. For the 2014-15 season he will have an amateur athlete license which will not belong to
Panathinaikos BC, but to Panathinaikos amateur sport club, the entity from which every pro team emerged, according to
Greek legislation.

Hate to end up with an Enes Kantor situation.
Four-star Georgios Papagiannis signs with Greek pro team

I've read that most people in Europe believe he won't go to college and will sign professionally. Supposedly his people are using the threat to go to college as leverage in the negotiations with professional teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT