ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Purvis Statistical Analysis

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/rodney-purvis-1.html

If you look at his stats his FT% has gone up every year (and shooting 76.5% this year) while his FG% has gone down from the 44.2% career high he shot as a freshman to the miserable 32% he is shooting this year.

From 3 point land, Rodney shot 38.5%, 36%, 38.5% his first 3 seasons. In this his senior season, Rodney is shooting 28%, over 10% lower than last year's total. It is totally fair to have expected much better shooting from Rodney than this.

He is also averaging a career high 2.6 TOs a game, although this is primarily due to more ballhandling ops due to injuries.

To say his shooting stats are disappointing would be quite an understatement. The only place he is improved is at the FT line.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/rodney-purvis-1.html

If you look at his stats his FT% has gone up every year (and shooting 76.5% this year) while his FG% has gone down from the 44.2% career high he shot as a freshman to the miserable 32% he is shooting this year.

From 3 point land, Rodney shot 38.5%, 36%, 38.5% his first 3 seasons. In this his senior season, Rodney is shooting 28%, over 10% lower than last year's total. It is totally fair to have expected much better shooting from Rodney than this.

He is also averaging a career high 2.6 TOs a game, although this is primarily due to more ballhandling ops due to injuries.

To say his shooting stats are disappointing would be quite an understatement. The only place he is improved is at the FT line.

I want to say it is attributed to his role in the offense, but I feel like his role is the same as it was his sophomore year only Boat is now Adams. The whole thing is as baffling as Brimah's foul shooting.

Kstw- thanks for the stats. Rodney is a uconn husky. Put the stats into perspective in real time. Provide the number of shots taken this year versus previous. Purvis is the go to guy. Watch the games closely. How many shots does he take under pressure with the clock running down. Is anybody driving the middle besides Purvis? He has a weakness with dribbling. He has improved. Put yourself in his place. Give him a break. This is a tough year all around. Admit it. Praise the guy. He is a Ferrari. In a tough spot.

I agree that the circumstances of the team has caused some of the statistical issues. And that there are no effective drivers on the team. Jalen doesn't like contact and Rodney struggles to finish and with TOs. HIs stats show he is taking about 2.5 more 3s a game than last year. This is because nobody else can make any and he has a track record making 3s the last 3 years. I don't think his shot attempts have been worse. He has been worn down by overuse but not sure it explains the ridiculously poor shooting % for a guy who had been good from 3 point land 3 years running.

Double talk. This is a coaching problem plain and simple. This team is unprepared. Look around the country, freshmen have a huge impact. JC was the play by play for the OS and Purdue, besides the fact he wouldn't shut up, he constantly harped on toughness. Notice I wasn't watching the uconn game. This is what Uconn needs toughness. Please if we don't have offense, play the most stingiest defense ever. That is uconn. Find a way to win. By the way, the freshmen do show a lot of promise.

We'd have a freshman having a huge impact too if he didn't have season ending surgery.

I also think, if CV we're playing ~15mpg, we'd consider his impact "huge" as well.

Both Juwan & KO told us to be patient with his development before the season.

Defense has been alright considering lack of bodies and being forced to play Cuse ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT