ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Cole update

tcf_15

Mar 31, 2015
https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/05/05...visits-alabama-uconn-is-next-scheduled-visit/
Next up, Cole will visit UConn over Memorial Day weekend. UConn’s Dan Hurley and Kimani Young have already met with Cole and his parents.

“Playing for Danny would be nice, it would keep things in the family type thing,” Cole said. “I played for his father [Bob Hurley Sr. at St. Anthony’s]. He just wants an older to come in and be ready to play because they have younger guards.

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...J-Cole-breaks-down-official-visit--131801832/
Alabama and UConn are the two schools that appear to be in best shape at this time. A visit to see the Huskies was set for next weekend, but Cole will be at an NBA draft prep camp, and had to reschedule his trip.

“I’ll probably end up deciding between those two,” he said, adding neither leads at this point, otherwise he would have committed by now.

“Basically, [Alabama] wants a sit-out guard who will come in, learn their system and when it’s time to play, just go out there and play in the system,”

Hard to get excited about a guy who will have to sit out a year in 2019-20 when your already down a scholly and you have a couple guys more using up ships' that never get off the bench.

I found some mixtape on Cole from his freshman year at Howard. He is a lefty, but seems to use his right hand well, is very shifty and has a nice crossover dribble:

“Basically, [Alabama] wants a sit-out guard who will come in, learn their system and when it’s time to play, just go out there and play in the system,”

Hard to get excited about a guy who will have to sit out a year in 2019-20 when your already down a scholly and you have a couple guys more using up ships' that never get off the bench.

Mini James Harden. Good get.

One more recruit this weekend would be precious. ;)

True, looks like he can stop on a dime and has more "shimmy" to his game than AG. With Cole having to sit a year is he now our "Maserati " in the garage ?

Cole is a BMW 328xi. I had one of those on lease for 3 years. It's a small rocket. And stops on the dime and takes turns at speed like you would not believe, totally in control. With a suck-ass car you hit an exit ramp going 60 mph and your car turning and you will be on 2 wheels. That baby hugs the road and the shit in your pants you think is coming because you hit the ramp too fast, never comes, because BMW has you covered.

Cole is the Beemer in the garage!!!!!!

Last edited:
He is passing on waiver because he will slip into Vital’s starting spot. Backcourt depth isn’t needed next year. They told him no waiver, no come I suspect.

BTW Cole looks a little bit like Odell Beckham Jr. now with the Cleveland Browns, very talented NFL wide receiver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT