ADVERTISEMENT

Quotes from the beat

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
John Silver[/B]@JohnFSilver
" Recruiting targets for uconn. Get players with all-around skills. Too many players with major deficiencies in skill."

John Silver[/B]@

" I thought Boatright was terrific. Purvis OK ( yeah in the 2nd half after he gave away his complimentary 10-12 points).
Rest of UConn? Couldn't make a positive play."

Neill Ostrout[/B]
Ryan Boatright on what Temple was doing defensively to him in the second half: "Fouling"

Neill Ostrout[/B]
Boatright repeated his plea from a few weeks ago: "We have to stop traveling. We travel too much to be a Division I basketball team."

Neill Ostrout[/B]
Boatright:"These guys just have to step up and stop feeling sorry for themselves. Know that you're a good player and have
confidence...in yourself. There's no way there should be two or three guys on me and you shouldn't take that as
disrespect....."

Neill Ostrout[/B]
https://twitter.com/NeillOstrout/status/574310200049594368A Husky zone then a Temple 3. By the Calhoun rules, the zone would now be out of the playbook for 2 months.

Neill Ostrout[/B]

Lubin was "cleared" to play but he hasn't been allowed to yet by the coaches, it seems

Neill Ostrout[/B]
Ollie: "We have to be tougher if we want to go anywhere."

David Borges[/B]
And so, defending national champs will finish 6th in #AAC, play first league tourney game Thursday around 8:30 p.m. vs. USF/Houston. Wow.

David Borges[/B]
Hearing tix sales for AAC tourney are tepid, at best. If you ask me (which you didn't), with so much on line for UConn,
could be fun week.

Here is a quote from me: "Suckfest! And so concludes the most disappointing regular season since I have been a UConn fan with apologies to the Dyson led Disappointment Kings of 2009-2010. This team had low basketball IQ and overrated talent. They need to recruit some 3 point shooters and some guys who can promote ball movement and team play. Very very disappointed fan here."

With Boat gone next year we have ZERO leaders on this team. Boat might come up big for a AAC tourney win which he deserves more than Walker and Bazz did.

As far as the travels........there are two a game that ARE NOT travels. Refs like to call that but its a sham. Hamilton's today was not in anyway a travel.

Agreed KSTW. would also be nice to have a big man who the guards can actually throw the ball into. I've never seen a 7 footer unable to hit...even once in a while for peat sake....a 1 handed 3 footer. I know positioning is huge and AB is unable to lock his man down low due i guess to his lack of strength, but when i watch him play D, the player he is defending had around 75% visibility to his guard, while AB has about 25%. Not even worth the guards looking down low IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT