ADVERTISEMENT

Please beat Temple

dausfbulls11

Jan 18, 2005
Bulls fans everywhere will be rooting for you!!! Show em what defense really is....did i say please?

I know Aresco's and the rest of the American's gotta be rootin' for a Temple/ Houston Championship and that NY6 Bowl money that one of them would bring. Here's hoping for a good game and that the AAC refs aren't capitalists...;)

Sorry USF.. but with Shirreffs out at QB from his head injury...following the hit vs. Houston..... I figured this would get ugly.. Boyle had a career game as a back-up when the Coogs knew nothing about him and he was rushed into service.... But Temple has seen Boyle enough to exploit his deer in the head lights/pedestrian abilities from the QB spot and key on Newsome...Starting a back-up QB with 1 TD to 12 picks( make that 13) in his career, who can't run, was game, set and match... b4 it even started. Thankfully a couple of new QB's next year will improve the mobility and depth . Good luck in your Bowl game..

Last edited:
Well at least Diaco was honest with his description of the offense and it sure looked like Temple knew this:
"We were not going to do a QB run with Tim( Boyle) so what are you going to do?" Diaco said. "It could have been something that could have created production, we were just trying to create some production. "We had two of our best players out, outside of Noel and Arkeel (Newsome), the starting quarterback and not having him and a great, great player in (injured tight end) Tommy Myers, he is a big loss. We needed to use a lot of different things to try to create some production and it didn't work "

New Haven Register recap----"Pitiful" offensive performance dooms UConn

Also from the NHR looks like Bryant will be back for the Bowl game : On the injury front Diaco said that Shirreffs is "still day to day. he looks way better. He is cleared for activity. I fully anticipating him practicing this week."

Well at least Diaco was honest with his description of the offense and it sure looked like Temple knew this:
"We were not going to do a QB run with Tim( Boyle) so what are you going to do?" Diaco said. "It could have been something that could have created production, we were just trying to create some production. "We had two of our best players out, outside of Noel and Arkeel (Newsome), the starting quarterback and not having him and a great, great player in (injured tight end) Tommy Myers, he is a big loss. We needed to use a lot of different things to try to create some production and it didn't work "

New Haven Register recap----"Pitiful" offensive performance dooms UConnAlso from the NHR looks like Bryant will be back for the Bowl game : On the injury front Diaco said that Shirreffs is "still day to day. he looks way better. He is cleared for activity. I fully anticipating him practicing this week."
Blades, You already said it most succinctly regarding Boyle and Temple's understanding of his limitations in your previous post, no need for me to pile on. Tim contributed mightily to the huge Houston win, but he is what he is, and may be further down the depth chart next year than #2, but that's next year. Myers is a big loss, bigger than I realized, but Bryant should be fine for whatever bowl game UCONN ends up in, and we shall see how the O responds..., The tide has turned....

I have one other observation that I can add in Tim's defense. It's that from the time Pasqualoni rushed him in to service as true FR ( and ruined his development, IMO) to try save his job, Boyle has always looked much better out of the shotgun, than over center. He just seems to do better when he's not having to move or back peddle. With him over center it's a nightmare, especially vs. a mobile and blitzing front 7 like Temple's. That was why I was surprised the OC didn't work him more out of the "gun" for the extra times he needs ....until the game was out of hand. With him over center it almost felt like deja vu all over again and I had scary flashbacks to George DeLeone in the OC's booth, LOL !

I guess the big picture is we're talking about a young team who's season isn't over. And practice weeks in Dec where they'll gain more development preparing for the future and that bowl game. So yes indeed "the tide has turned" and it's been awhile.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT