ADVERTISEMENT

Opposing Coach Says Kentucky Will Go Unbeaten

Wasn't that suppose to happen last year... Remember 40-0 t shirts LoL

Ozzie, I looked at UK's schedule and here is what they have to get through:

Kansas (neutral court)
Texas (home, after UConn plays Texas at home)
UNC (home)
UCLA (home)
Louisville (at Louisville but is this a "road" game)?
Florida (home and home)

Look at that schedule, really the game at Florida is the only true road game they play against a great team. Calipari has constructed this schedule to give it the mirage of toughness, but the truth is, only one tough road game. This is called deviously scheduling to fool the RPI people.

Ozzie,

You are probably right that the odds are stacked against going UK undefeated, but their schedule is something far less than a gauntlet. The Kansas, Louisville and Florida games are tough and they will probably rack up 1 or 2 losses at least.

I think Indiana in 1976 was the last men's team to go undefeated for a season. Larry Bird's Indiana State team was undefeated going into the final in 1979, and lost, UNLV was undefeated before losing to Duke in 1991 (which is a game they shouldn't have lost), and Wichita State was of course undefeated before losing to Kentucky last year. It may eventually happen but it will be hard to do. Kentucky's schedule is certainly far less than daunting for a team favored to win it all, and I think Calipari would toughen up his team by scheduling some tougher road games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT