ADVERTISEMENT

Ollie Sues Miller for Slander

From ESPN-
The NCAA notified UConn that it found numerous violations, but the payment mentioned by Miller was not among them. Miller's lawyer said his client was obligated to cooperate with the NCAA and provided honest answers. He noted the testimony became public only because of a Freedom of Information request filed by Ollie. "I think this is just a transparent attempt to intimidate a witness prior to any NCAA hearing," he said. Coric said Miller plans to file counter-claims against Ollie. The attorney also noted he has subpoena power and plans to use it to get financial and other records, which the NCAA could not obtain from Ollie.

Jacobs takes his turn below..... the so called humble and respectful Mr. KO has turned out to be the biggest fraud in Uconn history....can't coach, can't keep his own recruits from running from him like he's the plague, loses players early to the NBA when they can't make the NBA, realizes he can't recruit so he brings in 2 more frauds for his staff. But he loves Uconn, SMH ! .... as he cries about the very " Uconn family" who handed his unqualified ass the job on a silver platter......Maybe if he fought his wife this hard for the millions she stole from him he wouldn't need to: " dive this far into the mud, (as stated in the article)........ why would anybody stop now to get hosed off with the cleansing water of compromise? When you’ve burnt this many bridges, when you’ve scorched so much earth, why put down the legal torches? "

and the best line regarding the whole Mr. KO saga :
" For those of us who haven’t been exhausted by the nastiest, most protracted family feud in Connecticut athletic history, there is almost a perverse curiosity in what will come next. On Tuesday, we were again rewarded. "
He could've had a new job by now. All those NBA teams, (rumors) he used to fleece more $$$ out of Uconn, should be pounding down his door ..... but will anyone ever hire his sorry ass again now that his true colors have come out ??? ....sad.... just ...sad..sad ...sad !

p.s. can the fanbase sue him for providing the worse Uconn MBB in 30 years ?

Last edited:
What does “f.—ing inhaler” mean? Someone who inhales blow, or albuterol? I ask because I was diagnosed with pneumonia in the last week and was given an albuterol inhaler which has actually helped with the symptoms.

I wonder if Ollie realizes that all of the litigious activities he has undertaken probably make him less desirable to any prospective employers in the coaching profession. I really don’t think it’s a good look for him. It seems like the lawsuit against Miller is based on an alleged statement that did no real damage to Ollie in the final analysis, and was only made public because of his own attorney’s FOIA requests. On top of that he is a public figure and the actual malice standard does apply. It seems like the lawsuit is a stretch to me. I actually once litigated a defamation case between public figures years ago, which settled before trial. The lynchpin US Supreme Court decision in these cases is Hustler v Falwell, involving alleged defamation of conservative religious personality Jerry Falwell by Hustler Magazine. Although the decisive defense in that case was parody and it’s not really applicable here except to apply the standard of recklessness.

Last edited:
Mike Anthony wins the internet with this line : "If this much advanced strategy and energy went into coaching his teams in 2016-18, Ollie would probably be a two-time AAC coach of the year instead of a guy fired after consecutive losing seasons. "

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT