ADVERTISEMENT

Ok.....

Ozzie3178

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
So now after the UF game.... I am somewhat happy with the direction of these kids! Yes Florida is not that good but they have plenty of talent including a couple guys who should be here ballin but there dumb faults chose wrong.... Anyway good W coming back from 13 down in second half. Especially with Boat not at 100 percent.

Hopefully we continue to stay healthy and I believe Coach now has a lineup or 2 that he likes playing more out there ofcourse depending on matchups.

Yes we are what our record says we are but we easily should be 10-2 or 9-3. We had texas down without Purv and Omar and Boat playing but not 100%. Yale loss was one of those losses that happen in a season that leaves everyone scratching there head see Houston last year!! FTs will improve especially in the clutch.

Kids are looking to be a bit more confident and gelling better and better with each other. Still would like to see one or two more killas out there... Our D has been dominate which it has to continue to be.

Rebounding looks improved too but need more from there especially from Brimah.

I still believe we need to start showcasing Facey down low a bit more or even as the 2nd option behind Boat. This will lead to more open shots for Purvis and his ability to drive the lane also will be easier. Then sprinkle Brimah in on sets but Facey has more of a O game right now that we need down there from 15 feet in!

Here's to hopefully turning a corner this season and getting more wins and getting a chance to repeat. Plenty of time and games left to prove we belong this year.

Let's go whoop some USF bull @55!!!!!

This post was edited on 1/5 1:06 AM by Ozzie3178

Ozzie,

The team has yet to have everyone available and 100% healthy this year. That being said I see them playing hard with heart just about every game and showing improvement as individuals and as a team. I agree that Facey has potential to give us more. Cassell and Lubin are the ones that seem overmatched but the rest of the team are enough to match up with anyone. If they stay healthy they need to go on a roll to show they belong in the conversation.

TRU,

Agree that is another major encouraging sign that they are playing hard every game even with limited players at times!!

As far as Facey being featured yes, he has very good footwork and a lot of potential to be a threat. He is a developing talent.

The team finally showed some grit and resolve in that UF game and refused to lose another close game at the end by taking care of business. It was certainly an encouraging performance and one that we all hope we can build off of.

I'm all for giving Facey some offensive touches on the block. He has some moves down there and unlike our other bigs he can actually finish in traffic and goes up strong. On games where we aren't hitting our jumpers (2nd half vs Temple w/o Boat would have been a perfect time to go down low to Facey) we would definitely be better served if we tried to get some block touches for KFace and even Brimah to a lesser extent

Let's keep it rolling. This Florida win will mean nothing if we come out and lay an egg vs USF - can't take any game or opponent for granted at this point

Realistically, I think we are a top 25 team. Maybe 20. Not much more.

But we are going to win the NC...of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT