ADVERTISEMENT

Nov 2- Blue and White scrimmage -7pm

I checked out the 30 minute scrimmage last night (3 periods with refs played like a game). Basically it was a 5 vs 5 with Springs getting some PT too for Clingan. ( no PT for the 17 year old FR Yarin Hassan)

Alot of parts offensively. J-Hawk was hitting all over on catch and shoots, Newton looks like he can be a 3 level scorer and end of the shot clock guy with the ball in his hands. Diarra was a beast as a defender on the ball ( not so much on offense), Sanogo was himself inside and maybe 1-3 on 3's. Joey C and Alleyne can score the ball and shoot as advertised. Donovan was effective on both ends and his size will be a problem for alot of opponents.

Bank was open on a 3 from Karaban and he looks like he can score a little off the bounce too. Samson looks to have taken a step up as in the Borges article. Only player who didn't score points was the FR from Greece, but the team does look like it'll be 10-11 deep once AJ is back. So rotations will be interesting.

Last edited:
I know he didn't score but how did the Greek kid look? I was surprised he was started on the white team. I am guessing he is more advanced than the Israeli kid?

I know he didn't score but how did the Greek kid look? I was surprised he was started on the white team. I am guessing he is more advanced than the Israeli kid?
Yeah, plus I think he has 2 years on him age wise even though they're both FR. So I'd guess Hassan will red shirt like Floyd, Karaban, Akok, Springs, etc. Seems like Romo' got more PT than Springs because of the match ups, 2 bigs with 3 guards on the other side. Nothing stood out but AR didn't look out of place, he missed 2 or 3 shots from the arc and rarely looked to score.

Last edited:
AR didn't look out of placed, missed 2 or 3 shots from the arc and rarely looked to score.
I was hoping the Eurodudes would eventually provide some 3 point shooting. Reportedly, Romoglou shot 37% on 3s for the Greek U-18 team. I hope that as time goes along he can at least knock down some 3s. I am not asking that he be Niels Giffey as a freshman, but that's kind of what you hope you will get in an unknown Eurodude. Ollie recruited a German kid about the same size who could shoot 3s, but he was a terrible athlete and couldn't play any D, unlike Giffey, who was an awesome defender.

I think these two kids from Greece and Israel are the first Eurodudes coming on board from the Hurley staff. Calhoun and Ollie had very mixed results with the Eurodudes. Some really good ones like Henefeld, Sheffer, and Giffey, and some misses like Uri Cohen Mintz, and the German kid Ollie recruited.

Geno seems to have had somewhat better fortune with Europlayers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT