ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit ? DL from Windsor is now listed

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
I guess it took a while for some Rivals confirmation, last year Uconn brought in DE Cole Ormsby from Windsor, CT
The newest commit listed is 6-3/270 DT Keith Benjamin-Rivals from Windsor. Haven't found any film though I've seen
him live, but there is some wrestling stuff on You tube.

Glad to see Uconn bringing in another DL from my former HS. Windsor's had a lot of success at putting out NFL
caliber defensive lineman in recent years. Such as Denver Broncos Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton, former
Penn St/ current Washington RedskinDamik Scafe who's been with the Chargers and Jets.

This story about him and Uconn is from November

Keith Benjamin- Q&A Friday Night Football

This post was edited on 1/26 5:46 PM by the Blades

Windsor is a quality program, just imagine if all the kids in that town went to 1 high school, they would destroy ansonia lol......i've seen Benjamin before and i'm 6'3 didn't think he was 6'2

False alarm on Benjamin...from the NHR
Charles Baldwin[/B] was a player drawing attention from UConn's but Fleeting said Baldwin is most likely going the junior college path."

This is shaping up to be one of the worst classes in the country, would probably be a middle of the road FCS class

And your expertise in recruiting is because of what skills??? Are there any skills??? Is there any knowledge about recruiting on your part???

Or, are you some insignificant bcu A-Hole who whishes the worst upon UConn??

Methinks the latter...

Ah yes, it's a lost BCU fan....where did I put those wooden stakes again !

dracula%2Bcrypt.jpg

This post was edited on 1/29 12:03 PM by the Blades

Nice photo Blades. What's your guess on the ultimate size of this recruiting class? Isn't this a light year for scholarship availability anyway?

As a follow up to the point made by our wayward BC friend. Since this year's UConn recruiting class should easily lap that of the 2013 BC class of only 15 recruits and yet the Eagles made their first bowl game in years this past season (they lost by 23 in the Advocare V100 Independence Bowl). I'm not sure if I'm a BC sports fan (not just football...) I would be all too loud and proud just yet.

Originally posted by Husky Gridfan:
Nice photo Blades. What's your guess on the ultimate size of this recruiting class? Isn't this a light year for scholarship availability anyway?
It was supposed to be a lot less than last year , I'm sure you read they gained 3 more spots:
"Three Huskies , No Longer Enrolled At UConn http://bit.ly/1iEe5OU "
Correction: McCummings is listed. ( He was out of shape and didn't seem in the QB plans anyway.)
Seems like they have room for another 4 - 5 if they want to use them.

Also I noticed numbers wise Uconn is at only 13 compared to most AAC schools who are over 20
American Athletic recruiting lists-ESPN

Probably a good year to have a small class with the change in coaching, better to have Diaco in place
throughout the whole process when he has to go after a bigger class.

This post was edited on 2/2 3:35 PM by the Blades

No youre 100% correct. Not a college coach and dont have any expertise. Same as you. But what I can do is read a list of offers. And because of my ability to do that, I am able to see that yukon didnt pull any kids with offers from other big schools, you know, kids that were wanted elsewhere. Unfortunately, facts are facts, and the fact is, the puppies took a bunch of shit that nobody else wanted because REAL PROGRAMS dont recruit 1AA caliber kids. Beating out Fordham and UMass should translate well down the road

And as for the BC'13 class, even Spaz was able to pull guys with other offers, something that neither of the last 2 classes in storz saw

All hail the greatest recruit in yukon history Arkeel Newsome, the savior of the program, who had a huge offer list consisting of ucon and umass.

Man, worst class in a mid major conference, ENJOY GUYS.

Evan Daniels just rated Newsome a 4+ star player. Parade has Newsome as 1st team AA. Hell of a lot better than Outlaw.

BTW, we have 3 PA recruits selected to the big 33 game. PA is one hell of a HS football state. UConn has 10-12 players rated 2 stars in HS, that are now in the pros.

Take your bcu mentality and just go away little person...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT