ADVERTISEMENT

new Coaching Rumor

CT Nole Fan

Jan 27, 2006
Seems legit if the story is true, I think this is the kind of hire UConn needs to make. We need to make waves with this hire or I think we will keep heading towards irrelevance.

Houston Nutt

Also, take this for what it is, spoke to a relative of Mangini and they had no knowledge of him being interested in the UConn job. Not that this means he isn't of course.

what ever you as a fan base do, make every effort to not allow them to hire Houston nutt. I am an ole miss alumnus. I speak from living it he will kill your program. he is a qb killer as well. he is paranoid and will surround himself with his same old cronies and yes men. and when he gets big buyout on contract he will make you're fire him.
We are paying him 1.6 million a year not to coach, why would anyone pay him. to coach.
get had darren mcfadden Felix Jones and petting hillis in same back field all have started in nfl yet he could not win Sec.
the high school coach who got him his best year already has an nc ring as oc and is bow head coach at auburn with top 10 team, yet Mutt ran him off.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

As an Ole Miss alum...

..I wouldn't wish Houston Nutt on ANYONE. (ok, maybe Notre Dame...). He is a pathetic liar, recruiter and coach. He nearly ruined our program with his cronies. One of the worst coaches in America. Stay away from him like the plague.

HE IS HORRIBLE. BEYOND HORRIBLE.

KevinOMReb
Little Rock, AR

PS- as I live in Little Rock, I was able to see him nearly destroy the Arkansas program as well.

Another Ole Miss alum here. Nutt's demise at Ole Miss started with the first 2 weeks after he was hired. He basically sat on his butt and did not get out and aggressively recruit (a requirement in the SEC). For the rest of his tenure, he was a lazy recruiter who would rather take chances on character risks than put the effort in to compete for the better prospects. When Freeze took over, there were about 30 players who were in danger of being academically ineligible. There was no real oversight by Nutt. Nutt thought it was a recruiting advantage to give players stipends to buy fast food instead of having a training table. After he coasted a couple of years with the previous coach's recruits, the pervasive apathy generated from his laziness both in recruiting and game planning destroyed the program. I have been an Ole Miss fan since the Archie Manning years and the worst football I have seen was during Nutt's tenure. His players quit on him and his staff.

I have nothing for or against UConn, but I would hate to see another team be screwed by this con artist. DO NOT hire Nutt.

Thanks for all the input from the Ole Miss guys, I'm getting the feeling Nutt isn't the way they will go even though
there are rumors of his name. Uconn's AD is a Michigan guy who played for Bo Schembechler so it's tough to get
a read on him but it's a huge hire. Money wise Pasqualoni was getting close to $2 Mil so that puts the job at
around a top fifty in the country and they might be willing to pay more than that as the article above states. With
another rumor in the SNY story above....Ole Miss may yet be a factor in regards to who gets the job .

This story mentions a northeast guy, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, a Manchester, N.H. native, The Mullen
rumor lead to a story from the SB Nation site for Miss. State in whomthecowbelltolls.com It says depending
on how Mullen finishes up vs Bama, ARK and Ole Miss, it could effect if he takes another head coaching position as
parachute out of Starkville. The Uconn beat writer also threw out guys like Pat Narduzzi hot topic for UConn from Mich St
and former California coach Jeff Tedford . Uconn had a good direction going in FBS until our former AD hired Pasqualoni
and his sidekick George Deleone to do the same thing they did at Cuse. They sound alot like Nutt since alot of players
seemed to quit on them too. ( more than 10 guys came into fall camp out of shape) So despite having 5 NFL picks last
year alone they never got the most of their guys like our former coach Edsall while they ran the program into the ground.
I can do without Nutt and a repeat if that's his history.
This post was edited on 11/15 10:19 AM by the Blades

I like the idea of Pat Narduzzi especially the more I look in to his background and who he has coached under and around up to this point. He has done a lot on the D side having some of the best Defenses in the country every place he has gone. Was also born in CT not sure if he still have any CT ties or not.

Schiano should be available after this year. He can't coach during a game but he can recruit and he can bring a program from irrelevance ....

Originally posted by chuckysteele99:

I like the idea of Pat Narduzzi especially the more I look in to his background and who he has coached under and around up to this point. He has done a lot on the D side having some of the best Defenses in the country every place he has gone. Was also born in CT not sure if he still have any CT ties or not.
True as the link above says:
" Narduzzi has East Coast ties being born in Connecticut and starting three years at linebacker at Rhode Island
from 1987-89 after transferring from Youngstown State."

Warde Manuel was a DL for the Wolverines so he might think defense first and grabbing a guy from his
alma mater's arch rival might bring some satisfaction on a personal level, LOL!

Another rumor I saw on TOS, I HOPE NOT....... anyone who could piss off Micheal Oher and be a co-conspirator
at Ole Miss with GDL, I want no part of. Especially a guy who has never been a HC at his age and the way he
has changed zip codes over the years:

Pete Roussel@ coaching search
" A source tells me UCONN is eyeing UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone. Strong interest."
Noel Mazzone - Wiki
81980775.jpg

Regarding his employment at Ole Miss with GDL our former OL/OC trainwreck extraordinaire:

mazzone_zps5e525940.jpg

This post was edited on 11/23 12:53 PM by the Blades

This post was edited on 11/23 10:50 AM by the Blades

I want no part of Mazzone. Why would we hire a career OC who has been fired as a OC or been part of coaching staffs that were unsuccessful and whole staff was fired? Another person who has bounced around to different places almost yearly so has no idea how to building recruiting classes/roster on a year to year basis. My worse nightmare would be this guy hired and he brings DeLeone back as OL coach or even worse OC! Hope this rumor is not true.

Just saw this article:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/25/5143138/uconn-coaching-rumors-pat-narduzzi

UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone, Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi and Ball State head coach Pete Lembo are the names in above article.

Lembo is a newer name has a lot of HC experience and has had success just at a lower level. His teams run a ton of plays on offense and tally up a lot of yards but looks like his defenses also give up a ton of yards. Have not seen any of their games this year my guess is it is a up-tempo style offense.

My preference here is Narduzzi if he will come. I'd like to stay away from older coordinators that bounce around from place to place even if they have had success at SOME stops.

Mazzone in my opinion would be a mistake much like Coach PP. Weird how he never lasts at places even out at UCLA he is having some success right now but for some reason the fan base is calling for his job.

My best guess is UConn will make a decision to keep Weist or not right after Dec 7th game and look to move fast so we do not lose to much ground in recruiting process.

No way an no thanks on Houston Nutt!!

As the Arky and Ole Miss posters have already stated why....

GO after Tom Herman of O$U use your B1G ties Warde and get him or Narduzzi.... I would prefer Herman over any candidate prolly even Ed Orgeron that is a possible get. Obviously Coaches like Meyer/Fisher/Saban etc... dont count lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT