ADVERTISEMENT

Navy game week

CLUELESS BOB DIACO steals any chance of victory from his team !

17 secs, to go ball on the Navy 1 with a TO remaining........WHY ....WHY . WHY would you waste your TO ?????....The game clock is stopped because the catch was OB at the 1yd line....Youv'e got 40 secs on the play clock to get a play in and run it.................if it's a run and they stop you then use your TO.......and then you can take 2 more shots in the End zone ( or a Pass, then a run) .... but not this clown, he's got to waste his TO for nothing because he can't wrap his mind around the options quick enough.....`and allows Navy's D to set up and let the clock run out .... what did he think was going to happen ?????

OR SINCE YOU BLEW YOUR TIME OUT... when you didn't have to like J. Silvers says:

Last edited:
BOB your clueless......THEN YOU RUN UP AND SPIKE IT you had 40 secs to do that !!!!, & you still have probably 15 secs a TO and 2 more plays !!!!

Last edited:
Another great thought BOB.......Sheriffs is 23/26 on his passes..... moves you all the way down the field as soon as you turn him lose.... but you don't trust
him to roll out and take 3 shots in the END ZONE....what a scared pathetic way to lose..!!!

Reactions: UconNell
IT MIGHT HELP IF SOMEONE ON BOB'S coaching staff knew they had 3 plays from the one:

Last edited:
New Haven Register- Clock runs out on UConn in loss to Navy
" What could have been a program-defining victory for the UConn football team turned into yet another case when questionable clock management proved costly for the Huskies.
UConn opted to take its final timeout keeping it from being able to run a second play and when Ron Johnson was stopped short of the goal line, time expired before another play could be called as Navy celebrated the 28-24 victory. "

Jeff Jacobs: A Confusing, Infuriating Finish For Huskies
"I'm just describing the final seconds, because I know you're going to ask, as you should. And I know UConn Nation wants to know, as they should. All I'm doing is giving the explanation without even reviewing it. I'm recapping in my mind what I lived in that moment. I'm not even sure if I'm all spot on. I haven't even had a second. I addressed the team and came up here."

He wasn't spot on. Diaco clearly thought it was third down. It was second down. He repeated his mistake several times. And even when he was later guided by a question directly to the fact it was second down, he said, "No it was third and goal. ... We knew we had two plays. There's no way we're taking a delay [of game penalty] there and go back to the 6 or 51/2. It can't happen."

" It isn't clear if the next play would have been different if Diaco knew it was second down. Whichever way critics and defenders want to apportion blame for the clock winding down — officials, Diaco, his offensive staff — Shirreffs still could have been ordered to spike it immediately in a pinch to avoid taking the timeout. Then it really would have been third down with 17 seconds to go."

Last edited:
Another great thought BOB.......Sheriffs is 23/26 on his passes..... moves you all the way down the field as soon as you turn him lose.... but you don't trust
him to roll out and take 3 shots in the END ZONE....what a scared pathetic way to lose..!!!

Another positive on the guy Diaco trusted to pass the team all the way down the field to get into a position to win but didn't trust him to make 1 of of the 3 plays he
could have had on a roll out, throw it away or run into the end zone, with 17 secs to play with. Keep your head up Bryant your better than the coach allows you to
be at times !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT