ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis v. UConn, Saturday

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Two teams who are 10-4. Memphis has beaten Ohio State at home, lost respectably to top 5 Oklahoma, lost by 4 to UT Arlington, by 6 at Ole Miss and by 10 at #24 South Carolina which was undefeated. That game was closer than the final score. Memphis is a team that swept two games from UConn last year- by 3 and 1 point.

Normally Gampel is a great venue but are the students back? I think no?

A resounding win is needed, badly.

Hey guys I read that the line on this one is UConn -7.5. I read that Memohis is #3 in the nation in FG% defense and held UConn to 36% shooting in their two wins over UConn last year. This could be another ugly game. The reason why the line is -7.5 is that Memohis has been a bad road team and especially bad against the spread. Should be a good game.

The more Hamilton looks for his own shot, the worse he plays. He seems lost without throwing alley oops to Brimah.

I like the energy and fight from most.

Especially Facey who has been team MVP so far for this season!!

DHam is not on balance a lot is why he is mission these bunnies by I like the aggressiveness!!

Let's go close these guys out.... They don't want this game!!!

Memphis is an offensively challenged squad. Neither team is playing intelligent ball, lots of bad decisions. Like the hustle by Facey. Hamilton is having his third straight bad game, missing tons of bunnies.

Good thing Gibbs is hot tonight because the post defense has been truly terrible. Shaq Goodwin is being made to look like Shaq O'Neal. This is a game where you can see Brimah's presence being missed. Way too many easy baskets inside for Memohis.

Shaq Goodson should have 3 technical fouls tonight. He think he's George ackles.

I'd sit Hamilton down the last two minutes.

Hamilton has been awful tonight. The last 3 games are the worst I have ever seen him play. His head is not in the right place.

That's pretty disturbing Khalid.

We finally got a few calls late(Sean fouling out Goodwin and Gibbs drive that could have been a charge, but he got the backing call).

I'm being pessimistic, but unless there is vast improvement, we look like a bubble team that could be NIT bound again.

At least Nolan Made contributions tonight and Gibbs had his second strong shooting performance in his last 3 games.

Squeaked out the W but we were very fortunate to not lose that game. Not sure why there was a timeout called at the end to let Memphis draw up a play. A win is a win but there are still a lot of issues UConn needs to clean up for the games ahead.

I don't think we had anyone on the last inbounds pass? And No foul as soon as he catches the ball? There's around a 30% chance of making that 3.The chances of making the first FT and a tip in is probably about 5-10%.

Coaching is suspect. The coaching has to realize that defense is number one, offensive rebounds is two and one on one is not permissible. That is Uconn ball.

The final minutes of each of the last two games was very disturbing. Terrible late game situational defense and terrible plays out of timeouts. There was a lot of extremely dumbs play out there. Fortunately Gibbs tipping that ball at the end and getting the breakaway was the game deciding big defensive play. In this game and against Tulane Gibbs was a very clutch performer and he saved both of those games with the way he played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT