ADVERTISEMENT

Malloy: "No bite in his bark" when it comes to Uconn travel

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
State Travel Ban To N.C. Does Not Include UConn Teams

In the short term, the ban, which Gov. Dannel P. Malloy issued on March 31 in response to a North Carolina law he said is discriminatory toward the LGBT community, is not applicable to UConn — a member of the American Athletic Conference, which includes East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C. ......The UConn baseball and women's tennis teams traveled to play at East Carolina in April.

It seems somewhat hypocritical. If you are going to oppose the law, oppose it. However I do not believe that these selective boycotts are a good idea. Bruce Springsteen cancelled a concert he had scheduled in NC- all that does is alienate a certain number of his fans. Most of the southern states have laws on the books we can all disagree with. In fact I disagree with a lot of Connecticut's laws, but it hasn't stopped me from living here my entire life.

Molloy should worry about the problems in our state such as businesses leaving the state for more favorable tax treatment elsewhere, which means all the rest of us are left to hold the bag with higher taxes.

Reactions: the Blades
I remember the political jousting by Malloy in Indiana, which seemed hypocritical too. Ollie got into the middle of it and sat out the national coaches convention, while Calhoun who's also on the Uconn payroll( though also employed by ESPN) went to Indy. Well put KSTW, once you start to look into other states laws for political gain or to make a PC statement, where does it end...???

Just another dumb thing done by Connecticut Democrats. They should fix the budget and stop social engineering. Because sooner or later it will come back to bite Connecticut.

Just let the sports teams concentrate on sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT