ADVERTISEMENT

Lubin Has To Play More

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
I had lunch yesterday with a friend and fellow UConn fan who had courtside tickets to the Duke game. We discussed the game as we are both going to the UConn-Columbia game in Bridgeport tomorrow night. He and I agreed that Rak Lubin has to play more. He is the only frontcourt player on the team who exhibits muscle and a physical presence. He was also on the finishing end of the best halfcourt play UConn ran in the entire game.

Show the Rock some love KO! He has to play more at the 5 and the 4.

This post was edited on 12/21 10:26 AM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

He has to play more than Nolan that much I know for sure. He more than held his own against Okafor and he provides us a dimension that none of our other bigs can...Muscle

He should be used as a rebounding enforcer who can shell out 5 hard fouls a game. I much rather develop Rock than watch Nolan continue to regress and flop all overthe court

Nolan has something missing upstairs. Kid was smiling at the camera again on one of the charges against Duke. Ollie needs to shut that down.

Rock has some promise and I agree, if we are going to have the 5 spot be all a bout fouling let it be from a kid who makes it hurt and not Nolan and his antics.

I wasn't as convinced as you guys. Okafor went right over his back (legally I think) for a rebound.

UConn isn't going to see a center like Okafor again this year so what he did or could do is irrelevent at this point. Lubin will be able to hold his own against most centers UConn faces from this point forward. He should play more and take minutes from Nolan.

By the way. I like the idea of Lubin playing more. We don't have a lot to lose. And I certainly agree that Nolan isn't really doing that much. That said, I thought Nolan played ok against Duke. Not great, but ok. Nolan seems to play his best (which really isn't that great) against better competition.

Nolan did play OK defensively against Duke but the final numbers were I believe 1 rebound in 22 minutes, no points, took a couple of charges, flopped a few times, and didn't finish the one good move he made on the offensive end. He is somewhat useful as a body in a game like this in which Brimah gets into serious foul trouble, but his overall contributions to the team this year have fallen far below expectations. There is no way Lubin can be less productive than Nolan has been, because Nolan has been a zero and there are no numbers below zero. The math is pretty simple.

Nolan got beat for a dunk then reached as far as he could to turn it into a three point play. It looked he was trying to turn the play into a highlight. Comically bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT