ADVERTISEMENT

Knicks Fiasco

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Not sure if any of you guys realize it, but the Knicks are at the moment challenging the Philadelphia 76ers for the worst record in the NBA and the #1 overall NBA Draft pick.

5-31, soon to be 5-32.

Look at the suck-ass starting lineup they sent out tonight:

Jason Smith
Cole Aldrich
Jose Calderon
Shane Larkin
Tim Hardaway Jr.

Every single one of those guys is a bench player. WTF? They are paying Phil Jackson $12 million a year and Derek Fisher $5 million a year for what????????????? Might as well hire me and Blades to run the team and pay us $200,000 each, we can probably do just as good a job.

With Philly beating Cleveland tonight, the Knicks now officially have the worst record in the NBA. What a disgrace.

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
With Philly beating Cleveland tonight, the Knicks now officially have the worst record in the NBA. What a disgrace.
Hey Khalid, I'm a fellow Knicks fan as well and while it is a disgrace, the best thing you can ask for this year is to be good at losing. They finally have a 1st round draft pick that they didn't trade away and with a clean slate next year with a ton of cap space to sign big time free agents it would be awesome to get a top 3 pick.

Okafor, Mudiay or Towns will be a nice consolation prize in a year that we weren't going to contend for anything anyway. Phil is gearing up to build his own team next off season so I will reserve judgement on the Zen Master until he brings in his targets.

I'm still dumbfounded how the trade yesterday went from us getting Reggie Jackson, to getting a protected 1st rounder, to now getting a 2nd rounder...

If Melo was on the '92 dream Team, Angola would have beat them by 20.

He's the anti BASF, he just makes everything worse.

Good plan for the Knicks

Emanuel Mudiay - PG
Goran Dragic - SG
Carmelo Anthony - SF
Greg Monroe - PF
Marc Gasol - C

Knicks are now 1-23 in their last 24!!!!!!! Franchise record 13 straight losses!!!!!!!! WTF??????????? If Melo is shut down this team might not win more than another game or two this year. The record number of losses is 9-73 by the 76ers and I think the Knicks could challenge it with the lineup they have been sending out. Also JR Smith and Iman Shumpert are gone and the Knicks clearly do not care about this season. All the guys they are starting are bench players. If I was a season ticket holder I would demand that Jackson pay from his $12 million salary to refund my money.

This post was edited on 1/7 10:29 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Knicks have lost 25 of 26 games and now they think that trading Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani is going to right the sinking ship. Exactly what do they think they will get in return for those two stiffs? You don't get something for nothing. All they will get in a trade for value is nothing for nothing. Nothing for nothing trades don't do anything other than shake the proverbial tree. And guess what? If there ain't no fruit in the tree nothing will be coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrow show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12154100/new-york-knicks-trying-trade-jose-calderon-andrea-bargnani

Khalid,

Why are you getting all worked up? The Knicks are a sinking ship. They aren't trying to right the ship this year by trading Calderon and Bargnani, they are trying to load up as much as possible for next year's clean slate to build around Melo with as much money off the books as possible.

As bad as it is to watch, this is as good a year to tank than any. Lose More for Okafor!...get onboard with it or continue to subject yourself to the torment that is this nightmare season

Honestly I am not that enamored with Okafor and I really do not see that many guys in next year's draft who are instant impact players. I don't like addition by subtraction moves one after the other. Jackson has totally gutted the roster and they have a wholesale rebuilding project on their hands which will take 5 years or more. New York fans are not that patient. I wouldn't mind watching a young team with talent lose (e.g. the 76ers) but I can't bear to watch guys who are nobody end of the bench players starting and attempting to wear with dignity the Knicks uniform. It's a joke! I can't believe the horse manure roster they have now, which will be even more horse manure once this money dump is made. This is the worst team the Knicks have ever assembled out on the floor, getting blown out night after night and challenging any and every record for futility in sight.

Well Okafor is the real deal, how many post players come in as freshman this refined?

Also don't forget about Mudiay - he is a John Wall like talent who is a lock to be a top 3 pick

It could be worse, we could have traded away this year's draft pick too...imagine that haha

Silk, i am with you on Okafor. He's for real, and wait until he stops getting double and triple teamed. He's an impact player fairly quickly and as a Knick fan that's who I want.

But there is a lottery and the Knicks will only have a 1 in 5 shot at the #1 pick, correct? Okafor and Mudiay may be gone before the Knicks ever pick.

If the Knicks finish with the worst record (they will), the most they can slip is to 4. Most likely they will get pick 1 or 2. It will be Okafor or Mudiay. They have Melo and looks like they want to bring back Stoudamire cheaply. They can go for Goran Dragic and Marc Gasol.

Emanuel Mudiay
Goran Dragic
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudamire
Marc Gasol

That team is beastly.

Did you guys see Kemba and the Hornets up by 45 on the Knicks before the beginning of the 4th quarter? They rested Kemba and played the end of the bench that quarter, otherwise could have been worse.

The Hornets played without Al Jefferson + Lance Stephenson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT