ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard KY for Hami

I only advocate one and done recruitment if the team is one player away from a national championship. Otherwise flush it down the toilet!!!!!

So if next year Marvin Bagley jr, Zion Williamson, and Romeo Lanford (I think that's his name) all said they want to come to UCONN together and Kevin Ollie said he'd take them if you agreed you would tell him " no because OAD is a shame to the integrity of the sport blah blah or something crazy like that" ?? RIIIIIGGGGHHHT

Reactions: lonnie boyd
Freshman yes.....one and dones........not one helped us to a title.

This is UCONN and we are a team based model. UK sucks, hate the model and the fans that support it.

The UK model is that of a training program for the NBA, not an NCAA champion. Granted I have seen their team this year and they are awesomely talented and Calipari has them playing well and together and the kids on that team have some toughness and grit which has shown in several big games I have watched them in. However, chances are in the NCAA tournament their inexperience will be their undoing. We have seen a couple of teams stacked with one and dones win titles at UK (2012) and Duke (2015), but those teams each had 3 one and dones. The 1999 Duke team that lost to UConn started 5 guys who were eventually 1st round draft picks while UConn had 1 1st round pick in Rip Hamilton on their team. UConn was deep and experienced and effectively double teamed Elton Brand and UConn's perimeter defense locked down Duke at key parts of the game. The blueprint for success in the NCAA tournament is a combination of talent and experience. With one and dones you just have the talent and not the experience, so unless it is talent in the extreme like Duke 2015 or UK 2012 it's simply not a proven, reliable model. Do not forget Villanova last year, that was a team long on experience with not a single one and done on the team and they shot lights out like I have never seen any team do in an NCAA tourney in the last 25 years.

It's funny many fans say they don't like one and done but it's only the ones that don't get it that say it. Duke fans used to say the same thing until they started getting more one and dones, Kentucky fans as well. I'm pretty sure the same ones saying that now would have been a overjoyed if Diallo would have picked UConn

Reactions: lonnie boyd
Not really though.

I was happy about Drummond because he filled a need. Diallo would just be in the way next year imo.

Duke? Yeah, I'd be fine with how they do things, a couple 1 year players mixed with experience.

Kentucky? Starting 5 freshman every year, no thanks.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT