ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Lamb to the Hornets???

ESPN has been reporting this as well. What is interesting is that Charlotte has been trying to trade Stephenson desperately for almost a month, a stunning admission that the Stephenson signing was a categorical disaster. I don't understand how Charlotte can spend that much money on a guy who clearly didn't fit in. It tells me that they got some issues with whomever is making basketball decisions.

It's also amazing to me that the Nets would be willing to take Stephenson and his contract because just days ago it was reported that Prokorov is trying to sell the Nets which are bleeding financially to the tune of $144 million per year, which is $132 million more than any team in the NBA. So you mean to tell me that the team losing $144 million a year is going to take on Charlotte's bad contract? Why? Because he is a hometown boy? This deal reeks of desperateness on all sides. It's amazing to me some of the panicked moves we are starting to see. The only team that is getting something accomplished is the Celtics which have 6 1st round picks the next two years. They recognize that their team sucks and are building for the future.

This post was edited on 1/16 7:41 AM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12176540/brooklyn-nets-charlotte-hornets-oklahoma-city-thunder-talking-lance-stephenson-trade

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
I don't understand how Charlotte can spend that much money on a guy who clearly didn't fit in. It tells me that they got some issues with whomever is making basketball decisions.
They were trying to make a splash in free agency. When the deal with Hayward fell apart Lance was kind of plan B and I think the believed they could make it work.

The front office man is Rich Cho, and he has done a descent job of things. I don't know if I would say they have an issue, just missed on a player in this case. With JL possibly coming here it could open things up inside for Kemba to drive, and for Big Al to have more space to work, once he comes back. This team is SO much better with Lance not in there. He and Kemba both need the ball too much to work together. And in Indy Lance had the luxury of guys like Grainger, Hibbert and Paul G, here he has nothing like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT