ADVERTISEMENT

Is Bill part of the club now ?

These movies were made over 40 years ago.....so yeah, he has gotten old. Murray had a great 3 movie run with Meatballs in 1979, Caddyshack in 1980 and Stripes in 1981- all of which are comedy classics with Murray a star or costar of each of those films. Here is the "have a drink" scene featuring Murray's groundskeeper character battling his nemesis gopher in Caddyshack:

It's very ironic that Murray would star in a movie called Groundhog Day 13 years later - another comedy classic.

I'm sure you saw recently Bill's been getting alot of face time ( don't think that's a good thing for Bill) about a hook-up with Kelis (vocalist from back in the day)....robbing the cradle if true, but whatever Bill you go boy ! Either way, all the frickin' sheeples love this BS drama and it helps her way more than him. Cause I'm sure Luke's dad is all set without it, LOL !

I didn't hear about the hook-up with Kelis but did read about the complaint about Bill's on-set behavior on Being Moral led to production being suspended. Bill Murray has had a reputation of being difficult to work with throughout his career and has had numerous blowups with fellow actors including Lucy Liu, Chevy Chase, and Richard Dreyfus among many others. One of his directors said he would never work with him again. His rep is that of a perfectionist and of wanting or demanding creative input. However some directors have praised him for his creative input including Ivan Reitman who in interviews said many lines in Stripes were non-scripted ad libbing by Murray, including the "That's the Fact, Jack!" Line which was written into the script at Murray's request or demand. Regardless of the conflicts, his coworkers and peers have also praised him as extremely talented both as a comic and dramatic actor. I think in the last 15 years or so his reputation caught up to him and slowed the pace and quality of his work. However he isn't exactly the only person in Hollywood who is difficult to work with.

I think I mentioned elsewhere that one of my past coworkers told me he ran into Murray at a high school football game when Luke Murray was in high school at St. Luke's and my coworker's nephew was on the opposing team playing St. Luke's. He approached Murray and had a long conversation with him which he said was cordial. He said that he didn't at all bring up Murray's celebrity, ask for a photo or behave like a "fanboy." They just talked about football and sports and he was very impressed by Murray's knowledge of sports.

As far as Kelis if he did in fact hook up with her, good for him. Wanda Sykes might actually be a better match for him from a comedic standpoint LOL.

Looks like internet trolls are all over Kelis about this:
While a few people told the recording artist of their plans to purchase, many took the opportunity to crack jokes at her expense. “I attribute all current and future camerawork to one Bill Murray, until further notice,” one person wrote. “She done put some Ensure in Bill milkshake, and he doesn’t know how to act now,” another quipped.

I am hoping Bill will maybe throw a few bucks to the NIL Department. Looking forward to seeing him at games this year. It's not a bad thing for him to be the team's Funny Grandpa. I hope Clingan and Karaban have seen Stripes, and especially Caddyshack so that they understand Bill's important contributions to golf culture. Caddyshack is widely viewed as the best movie ever made about golf per recent polls on this subject. Murray's unforgettable Dalai Lama scene is known to the word by every PGA Tour player.

Caddyshack named best golf movie ever made:

Last edited:
I would still like to know if Geno played with Jim
Calhoun or whether they at least sat down and had a drink together? Perhaps Bill Murray brought them together?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT