ADVERTISEMENT

Improvement of Facey

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Although he laid an egg against Columbia, 3 of his last 4 games have been stellar:

Coppin St. 15 points, 5 boards
Duke 14 points 9 boards
CCSU 12 points 12 boards

Today he showed great footwork and athleticism. He is the only frontcourt player who is cleaning the glass.

He is a terrific athlete who is still new to the game. When he starts to put the ball on the court and drive to the basket he could be special. If he Purvis and Calhoun continue to improve by the end of the year UCONN will be in its usual position underestimated!

Well said TRU!! Earlier in the year I said I will wait til at Florida to see where this team will be at and so far getting better and lookin good and healthy!

Let's see what happens in a few days and down the line....

Those 2 guys you mentioned Facey an Purv are huge keys along with Omar who looks good in his minutes and fluid!

Our D is still very good which is the most important.... Let's put several wins in a row together!!!

We don't have a great history of bigs who light up smaller teams. At least not offensively. Facey didn't really light anyone up, but he definitely took advantage of the smaller CCSU. Very nice to see.

Ozzie, you're right defense is what separates UCONN. That is why we don't have to have the best at every position. We need the best at one or two positions and just enough at the other three or four so that they are not dominated. I see the potential for this team to be a very tough matchup for anyone before the season is done.

If only Brimah had the rebounding of K-Face, he would be a sure fire lottery pick after this season.

Facey has been better than most of us could have asked for coming into the year. Although Tim Welsh keeps trying to plug during games that Facey received minutes at the end of last year (he didn't, outside of blowouts) he has really shown some great strides with next to no college experience as a sophmore.

I love when he attacks the offensive glass and he is the only big on our team that can actually make a move down low and finish in traffic. When he's in the flow and aggressive, our team is much better. We need his rebounding every game and I think that Columbia game will be seen as an outlier as the season goes on

We can be good if Purvis and Facey continue to play aggressively. The one thing that concerns me is our 3 point shooting. It still leaves a lot to be desired. Guys like Cassell and Omar need to step up and be consistent source of outside scoring for us to become the team that we envisioned at the start of the year

If Brimah stays after this year and he should for his own development he will have the offseason to concentrate on getting stronger and working on his game. I think he has made remarkable progress already considering that he was unable to practice until almost the start of the season after his shoulder surgery.

Omar Calhoun is important to this team as he is the only true shooter on it. I was encouraged by his play yesterday and the fact that he is ready to shoot with no hesitation. Only one three dropped but they were all good shots.

Brimah has to do a better job on the boards but he and Facey are both much improved. The 3 point shooting and to some extent the rebounding are the two areas that the team must improve. Facey at this time is by far UConn's best rebounder and for that reason alone he has to stay out there and play a lot of minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT