ADVERTISEMENT

I'm getting mad at these Slow Starts....

Ozzie3178

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
If I recall this has happened in every game this season. We either have to come back from a big deficit only to lose or a really tight game at half.

Coaches and these kids have to figure that out. No excuse to get dumped on early in games especially by the Wagner and Northeasterns of the world!!

Good news this and some of those bonehead turnovers Jalen and Vance and Vital make are all correctable not all as turnovers will happen but some are unforced like how did that even happen

^^^^ You think your the only one ^^^^ ....and remember back..... this isn't a new thing...it's happened a ton in the last few years... and not just the starts...the completely passive lulls for huge parts of games...that is also caused by low IQ stuff...I don't have to remind you about the Houston game you were at that they fell way behind and made a mad closing scramble but didn't overcome !

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Yep I remember. I almost went to jail on a few occasions that game lol.

I'm just talking about this team. I don't remember a year where every game to start the season was like this. Yea we are young inexperienced but we have some seniors and they should be the calm and poise but they are from that. Rodney is a front running player. What I mean by that is if things are going good then Purv is good. He is not methodical and a grinder. I thought he would be more like the latter this year especially on D and so far... no.

True I'm having trouble recalling these guys coming out and punching teams in the mouth.

I can't pretend I have an answer for it either because idk how you're supposed to game plan for a team going 10/11 to start a game.

Good news is that stretch zone is starting to look good and Amida is included more every game, down ten to a team that is legit at that 13 rank...not sure I can be too upset at the result given what these boys have been through this week. But what's up with Steve? That dude is lost. Sure could use some help from him

Yep I feel you on all that but some of those shots were totally uncontested too. Have to get out and at least attempt to contest it.

I'm not mad at this game as I was not at ok state come back either. Could have folded both games
and said forget it. But some kids want it others are going through the motions and unfortunately a la Enoch he and those others are not talented or experienced enough to overcome that!!

Enoch is a great kid but why does he not stay active and into it? That I don't understand. So lethargic and lost especially on D. Any how we need him badly as no bigs are playing great. Amida is better but need a few more boards from him but having to play a lot of minutes may take a toll on him as he has been injured the past couple years.

Enoch looks confused out there......he doesn't seem to know what to do or when. I never ever saw a player so badly out of position so many times and clearly with his body language not really knowing or having a clue about where to be.......he looks constantly confused by the game going on around him, like he is trying to understand it but not reacting in a natural way. Almost like there is an alien in his body who never played the game before but is inhabiting Steve's body and trying to learn........like an experiment or something..........

Last edited:
I'm getting mad at these slow seasons.........................
The program has now regressed to a point where they can only make the tournament by winning their conference tournament. The regular season has been rendered meaningless before Thanksgiving.

Speaking of meaningless, how bout those recruiting rankings!!!!!
Keep hyping up those "great" incoming classes that routinely produce middle of the pack finishes in the AAC and no NBA talent.

How much time does one 6 game winning streak by you????????????????
I think we're about to find out

Reactions: Dominicfrank
Brimah seems to be the key loser here. I love the kid as a kid but is REgression is mind blowing. We have not recruited ANY talent down low to protect the rim and with him here I would guess bigger better kids go elsewhere.

Perimeter D is terrible pretty much everywhere but we have no rim protection. Brimah was at his PEAK his freshman year and that was enough to win a title. Since then he is 50%????? 75% worse ? Unacceptable by a top 10 paid coach and his staff.

Can I say I have about had it with Ollie's whiny look on this face and sitting on his A the whole game ? The NC year he was active up and down the sideline basically showing Boat how to get down and guard......now he pouts all game like a jerk. I just dont get it.

If I recall this has happened in every game this season. We either have to come back from a big deficit only to lose or a really tight game at half.

Coaches and these kids have to figure that out. No excuse to get dumped on early in games especially by the Wagner and Northeasterns of the world!!

Good news this and some of those bonehead turnovers Jalen and Vance and Vital make are all correctable not all as turnovers will happen but some are unforced like how did that even happen

Starting in the hole by 10 to 18 points will kill the season

Slow starts to games, slow starts to seasons...we can't afford to take anything for granted. It seems like we never have a sense of urgency. We only turn it on when the game is basically a blowout waiting to happen.

I'm not a moral victory guy and refuse to settle for those type of "hey we lost the game but we showed good effort at times" games. Even with the injuries and bad record there is no reason why this team shouldn't be giving max effort from here on out.

Time to build towards the conference tourney run because that is our only shot

I think Silk is right -this will be a 3rd straight season of either win the conference tourney or bust. It's disappointing to say the least.

This team is utterly horrendous and unwatchable
I suppose Ollie can fall back on injuries as an excuse, but this was clearly on it's way to stenchville at full strength.
It may buy him 1 more season before the coaching search begins, but that is IT!

Lmao CFP.... so matter of fact huh.... can you give me the lottery numbers also?

The only problem with these slow starts, is that they usually last 40 minutes.

My take on the season now is 'when do the girls play?'.

The UConn girls were awesome tonight. 81 in a row and blew away the #15 team by 50.

Regarding the men, I sensed something off with Kevin Ollie's body language in the post game sideline interview after the BU game. His body language was off. He as usual said all the right things, but he looked upset and shocked. I think he knows the team has been horrible. Now please do something about it.

Kia Nurse had 24 in the first half and at one point was 9-9 FGs, she was great. I actually thought pretty much the whole team was great. The deep bench played almost the entire 4th quarter. It's a game UConn have won by 60-70 points, over the #15 ranked team which in its prior game beat #11 Syracuse, NCAA runner up last year, by 24, making 19 3 pointers.

Lmao CFP.... so matter of fact huh.... can you give me the lottery numbers also?

I suppose I could, it certainly would be more entertaining than the entire UCONN men's athletic program. Perhaps women's hoops success is enough to satisfy you, not me son.

Would Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, etc accept 3 consecutive seasons like we are about to cap off without making a coaching change? I think not.

Kansas & UK?

Now we want to be like 2 schools that have 2 championships between them in 8 years?

Puff puff pass kid

I suppose I could, it certainly would be more entertaining than the entire UCONN men's athletic program. Perhaps women's hoops success is enough to satisfy you, not me son.

Would Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, etc accept 3 consecutive seasons like we are about to cap off without making a coaching change? I think not.

I bet KY and especially KU would take the national championship we recently won which passed them cheaters up 4-3 with their 10000 year history!

Also those programs recently haven't had the NCAA breathing down there neck for even sneezing in the wrong direction while stuck in a non P 5 either....thanks to your predecessor..... Son!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT